Pay for Facebook Posts

Started by LongBlade, October 03, 2012, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Facebook now wants you to pay to promote your images.

I quite using FB a long time ago, but this seems crazy.

QuoteFacebook's experimental "Promote" feature, released on Wednesday to a small group of U.S. users, allows you to pay Facebook (FB) to promote important pictures or announcements. Those who have access to the feature say a promoted post typically costs around $7.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/03/technology/social/facebook-promoted-posts/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

This seems like a desperate grab for money.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 03, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Every day I read a FB news story I am happier that I didn't get in on the IPO :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on October 03, 2012, 09:11:18 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 03, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Every day I read a FB news story I am happier that I didn't get in on the IPO :)

You and me both.  Especially after everyone said it would be the next Google IPO.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MIGMaster

I've been off FB for a year or so now and I feel so "clean."

Steelgrave

I only use Facebook with protection.

W8taminute

Back in the day when I was growing up, if we had something like FB and you were a member of it you would be called light in your loafers.  That's just the way it was back then, not that being light in your loafers is a bad thing, just not my cup of tea.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Steelgrave

^I only discuss manly things on my Facebook. Very manly things. That and keep up with pics of my grandson  8)