Breakthrough on Nork Nukes?

Started by bayonetbrant, February 29, 2012, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://grognews.blogspot.com/2012/02/news-breakthru-with-norks.html

QuoteUnder an agreement reached in direct talks in Beijing last week, North Korea has agreed to allow the return of International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear inspectors, as well as to implement a moratorium on long-range missile tests, nuclear tests, and nuclear activities  at Yongbyon, including uranium enrichment activities, the State Department said. In return, the United States will provide North Korea with a major food aid package.

"To improve the atmosphere for dialogue and demonstrate its commitment to denuclearization, the DPRK has agreed to implement a moratorium on long-range missile launches, nuclear tests and nuclear activities at Yongbyon, including uranium enrichment activities," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said in a press statement Wednesday. "The DPRK has also agreed to the return of IAEA inspectors to verify and monitor the moratorium on uranium enrichment activities at Yongbyon and confirm the disablement of the 5-MW reactor and associated facilities."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 29, 2012, 11:20:10 AM
http://grognews.blogspot.com/2012/02/news-breakthru-with-norks.html

QuoteUnder an agreement reached in direct talks in Beijing last week, North Korea has agreed to allow the return of International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear inspectors, as well as to implement a moratorium on long-range missile tests, nuclear tests, and nuclear activities  at Yongbyon, including uranium enrichment activities, the State Department said. In return, the United States will provide North Korea with a major food aid package.

"To improve the atmosphere for dialogue and demonstrate its commitment to denuclearization, the DPRK has agreed to implement a moratorium on long-range missile launches, nuclear tests and nuclear activities at Yongbyon, including uranium enrichment activities," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said in a press statement Wednesday. "The DPRK has also agreed to the return of IAEA inspectors to verify and monitor the moratorium on uranium enrichment activities at Yongbyon and confirm the disablement of the 5-MW reactor and associated facilities."

Maybe the Uncola is young enough to not be so paranoid as to be unable to connect simple dots like Peace=Good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

Me thinks tomorrow's headlines from NK will deny it.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Smuckatelli on February 29, 2012, 11:31:19 AMMe thinks tomorrow's headlines from NK will deny it.

it's not yet on their official news site

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

but looks like it hadn't been updated since yesterday
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

So they let in some inspectors, get a huge shipment of food, appease their peasants, and then kick them back out again.  Then we will be right back to where we started.

Sorry that's just the inner pessimist coming out.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

^ I'm right behind you.  But I hope we're both wrong.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 29, 2012, 11:52:51 AM
^ I'm right behind you.

Thats kinda creepy...

Seriously I hope we are wrong, but we've seen it so many times.  A country says 'we are sorry, we have changed.  Now give us money, food, and technology because we aren't like that anymore.'  After they've milked us for what they need  they go right back to what they were doing.  Or worse yet they were still doing it just hiding it better the whole time. (I'm looking at you Pakistan)  Yet time after time we do this and I just don't understand.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Smuckatelli

Quote from: SCDJ on February 29, 2012, 11:44:49 AM
get a huge shipment of food, appease their peasants,

As long as it doesn't go to the party or army....I'm okay with it.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Smuckatelli on February 29, 2012, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: SCDJ on February 29, 2012, 11:44:49 AM
get a huge shipment of food, appease their peasants,

As long as it doesn't go to the party or army....I'm okay with it.

The problem is that I am sure they will take the cream of the crop and the little people might get some of the left overs.  The people who actually need it won't get any or if they do not nearly enough.