Windows 7. Download manager problems

Started by bob48, March 01, 2013, 06:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Does anyone have any experience with download problems via WE download manager?

I constantly have an issue with DLM reporting that files are 'unsafe' or 'corrupt' even stuff such as AMD drivers direct from the AMD website, and, more recently, my renewal to AVG Tune-Up.

Any info on what causes this would be appreciated, as I cannot even get an answer from Microsoft, and its getting rather - annoying.

Thanks.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Actually, after much tinkering, we think it may have something to do with the router. Mrs.B was having similar problems, so we took the router out of the system and connected her PC to the modem and tried a few things that had previously shown as errors in DLM. They all worked fine. I then tried with my PC connected straight to the modem, and again had no problems.

Our conclusion is that the router could not handle the traffic for both machines without interruptions, and that was causing download errors and corrupt files. We realised that since we had the router, we have both up-graded our PC's, and our service provider had also up-graded the system to a 10mb cable connection. So it seems that 'the router canna tek it, cap'n'

We're now looking ( or rather, Mrs.B is looking) on the net for a new router that can handle the load.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!