[gloat] Just bought a new monitor! [/gloat]

Started by DeathTouchWilly, April 04, 2013, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathTouchWilly

Super pumped that this is out for delivery:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

Many of you may be unimpressed but I am using a non-widescreen 19 inch monitor to game on and it is getting on in age. Getting a large widescreen that's brand new is very exciting. Oh MAN I can't wait to enjoy the wider field of view on Starcraft 2 with this puppy.

Also picked up this as an early birthday present:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104377

I've had a lucky streak with mice. My last logitech lasted 2 years which is a long time for mice if I'm not mistaken. I feel like 1 mouse year is 40 human years...

Barthheart

Quote from: DeathTouchWilly on April 04, 2013, 10:52:05 AM
I've had a lucky streak with mice. My last logitech lasted 2 years which is a long time for mice if I'm not mistaken. I feel like 1 mouse year is 40 human years...

:o  What do you use to click - a hammer?!? My current mouse is at least 4 years old....

Enjoy the monitor. It is the exact model I picked up 2 weeks ago. It's great.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DeathTouchWilly

Razer makes some good stuff but frankly I don't like spending over $100 on a mouse (although I came close to it). And while many gamers may complain that wireless mice don't have response of a wired I am not hardcore enough (GASP!) to care. I'd rather be able to have the mobility and convenience than to be tethered to my desk.

And yes, I use a hammer to left click. Maybe my "lucky streak" is actually just one really long unlucky streak.

LongBlade

Most of the time I'm wired, too, but I like being able to unwire when it suits me.

Bison

I use two different Razer Naga mice.  The Razer Naga 18 button one which is pretty sweet when you want to link an entire hot bar or two and the Razer Naga Hex which is an outstanding mouse for ARPG or games where all you need is 6 or so hot buttons linked to the mouse for ease of being an awesome gamer.  Personally I like the concept of wireless, but I like the fact I don't need to change batteries and frankly I'm never in a position where a wired mouse isn't practical.

LongBlade

I have found that from time to time a wire does get in the way of action gaming.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on April 04, 2013, 07:46:38 PM
I have found that from time to time a wire does get in the way of action gaming.

You might be doing something wrong .... unless it is "that" kind of action game.   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Not that I would knowTM but in those 'action games' the mouse is only needed up to the point the cursor clicks 'Play'. After that control is handed off to the joystick.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Wow.  This descended quickly into the sock drawer.