Photobucket Firefox Add-on Broken

Started by TheCommandTent, April 10, 2013, 09:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

*start rant*

Excuse me while I whine about this.  The past few days my photobucket add-on for Firefox has not been working and it is driving me crazy as I use it all the time.  Well I finally found that Photobucket made some updates and in so doing rendered the add-on inoperable.  Since it is not their product they aren't in a hurry to see it fixed.

QuoteDue to reasons outside of our control, the Firefox Photobucket Uploader extension will no longer be functioning.  The Firefox Photobucket Uploader is a third party app, meaning that it is not a tool that Photobucket created. We have made various code updates, we do not maintain this tool and therefore cannot update it.

What you will want to do is use the URL uploader in place of the extension. The steps to upload via URL can be found below.
http://support.photobucket.com/entries/21508269-Firefox-Photobucket-Uploader-extension-will-no-longer-work-4-3-2013-

At the link you can see their offered solution.  I never realized how lazy I had become with uploading photos as the add-on makes it so easy.  So it looks like I won't be uploading photos anymore .... I am just to lazy.   ;D  I hope this can at least help someone else out who has been trying to use the add-on.

*end rant*
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Hmmm.

Thanks for the update. I haven't uploaded any images lately. It is a great tool. I'm sure someone will build a better mousetrap or fix it soon, though. It's too good not to have.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

The photobucket homepage does make it easier if you click the upload link.
Save your images to desktop, click the upload link on the photobucket page, then mediumize (is that a word?) the browser window so you can scootch it over a bit, exposing the part of the desktop showing your image file. After that you can just drag and drop the image right onto the upload box. Click the image after it loads and you get to the 'Embed, direct link, etc copy' option page.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 10, 2013, 08:39:51 PM
Save your images to desktop, click the upload link on the photobucket page, then mediumize (is that a word?) the browser window so you can scootch it over a bit, exposing the part of the desktop showing your image file. After that you can just drag and drop the image right onto the upload box. Click the image after it loads and you get to the 'Embed, direct link, etc copy' option page.

Yes but I've gotten sooooo lazy with the Firefox add-on that even that sounds like work.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 10, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

Yes but I've gotten sooooo lazy with the Firefox add-on that even that sounds like work.   ;D

Firefox's add-on made it brain-dead easy to upload an image, copy the URL, and post it in places like here. It was amazingly convenient.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on April 11, 2013, 08:50:56 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 10, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

Firefox's add-on made it brain-dead easy to upload an image, copy the URL, and post it in places like here. It was amazingly convenient.

Yes it is or was cause they still haven't fixed it!!!!   >:(   ;D

TheCommandTent

Lazy people rejoice, they finally fixed the Photobucket add-on for Firefox.   ;D

mirth

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 16, 2013, 08:26:16 PM
Lazy people rejoice, they finally fixed the Photobucket add-on for Firefox.   ;D

Praise the Lord!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I don't even know what you are rejoicing about...foxfire add-on...hmmm...

TheCommandTent

Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2013, 08:44:01 PM

Praise the Lord!

I can now spam the forums with funny pictures and memes! :)

mirth

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 16, 2013, 09:02:15 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2013, 08:44:01 PM

Praise the Lord!

I can now spam the forums with funny pictures and memes! :)

Just like I do!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I use bingfu (they are slightly less nefarious than google) and ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

For example:  bingfu bikini joy search

LongBlade

Thanks. That is good news.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on May 16, 2013, 09:33:59 PM
I use bingfu (they are slightly less nefarious than google) and ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

For example:  bingfu bikini joy search

Your bingfu is strong Grasshopper.