747 cargo crash in Afghanistan.

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 30, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

RIP to the crew.

National Air Cargo confirms 747-400 crash in Afghanistan

US military charter airline National Air Cargo has confirmed that a Boeing 747-400 freighter crashed shortly after take-off today at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.

News reports indicate the eight-member crew died in the crash, but National Air Cargo officials were unable to confirm the status of the crew. The airline intends to release more information about the crash later today.

The 747-400, registration N949CA, was owned by Wells Fargo Bank, according to the US Federal Aviation Administration.

It was operating at Bagram on behalf of the US Air Mobility Command, which oversees air cargo shipments by military and chartered aircraft. National Air Cargo is listed by the US Air Force as a member of the long-range, international group of airlines participating in the civil reserve air fleet (CRAF) programme.
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...nistan-385280/

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c32_1367332518

scuttlebutt has it that the plane was carrying 5 MRAPs and had a load shift during takeoff.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Sad news. I'm sorry to hear that.

Wells Fargo has 747s? Who knew?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Saw photage of this on the news tonight. Scary sight!  :o

RIP to the crew indeed.
:-[

TheCommandTent

Wow that is some video.  What a shame.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Scary. Condolences to the crew.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.