Main Menu

Computer Speakers

Started by Bison, May 14, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

I have been using a Logitech 4.1 system for years with good results but really don't notice the rear speakers that much. Instead of going for a budget 5.1 system I would use the extra $ to buy a better quality 2.1 system.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

LongBlade

Good point. Unless you have a small room that you can occupy for your sole purpose, setting up the speakers for the rear is pretty much just a pain. I actually have a small enough office now that my 5.1 system can be set up without incident, but it's the first time in several years that I'll have been able to pull out and use more than a 2.1 configuration.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Years ago I got my folks the Logitech 5.1 Z something THX system. I think it was around $250-300. 

They had retired their old analog stereo as too bulky. That logitech setup has small speakers with optical toslink you can plug into the back of your blu-ray. They have been happily using it for movies ever since. A very good deal. The quality of the audio is as good as a $300 receiver with $500 speakers and $300 sub. officially it is a coputer speaker system. It is a home theatre in a box.

10/10
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

Current version looks upgraded in wattage. Fancier control module too.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/speaker-system-Z906?crid=47
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598