US Overture to Iran

Started by LongBlade, September 29, 2013, 09:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 27, 2013, 08:32:42 PM
wont work with Israel as they have nuclear armed subs.

damn, I better get back to the work library and start reading Janes again
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

While our healthcare system has been melting down, our foreign policy has been quietly attempting to come to an agreement where sanctions could be lifted on Iran.

The French (of all people!1!!!1) have balked.

QuoteNegotiations among world powers to temporarily curb Iran's nuclear program appeared to stall Saturday when France questioned whether the proposal went far enough, after Israel's strong objections to such an agreement.

The concerns cast doubt about whether an agreement can be reached during the current round of negotiations in Geneva.

A Western diplomat said a new round would be needed to agree on all points of a temporary deal that would to lead to a comprehensive agreement ensuring that Tehran's nuclear work remains peaceful.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/09/world-powers-set-for-new-round-iran-nuke-talks/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

The only way this works is if there is a fail safe way by outsiders to determine and enforce Iran's nuclear use for peaceful purposes.  Any ideas what that would look like?  It would have to be automatic, not some governing council or watchdog agency.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Wow. Never saw this coming  ::)

QuoteEven before the nuclear negotiations between Iran and the 5+1 world powers ended in Geneva early Sunday with no deal, an Iranian general lashed out at America Saturday and warned both the U.S. and Israel that they will be attacked.

According to Fars News Agency, the regime's outlet run by the Revolutionary Guards, Gen. Massoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of staff of Iran's armed forces, said "America's interests and all of Israel are within the range of the Islamic Republic and there is not the slightest doubt among Iran's armed forces to confront the American government and the Zionists (Israel)."

Jazayeri said Israel is pulling the strings of Washington and "the American government is one of the most hated and evil governments in the world."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/09/iran-general-no-doubt-israel-and-america-will-be-attacked/#ixzz2kIduMBtO

Staggerwing

I really hate to see it come to this but it's time to 'unfriend' that guy. I know it's harsh but what else can we do at this point?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

perhaps its for mullah consumption more so then an actual diplomatic statement.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 10, 2013, 09:27:58 PM
perhaps its for mullah consumption more so then an actual diplomatic statement.

Does it really matter?

The Arabs do that all the time with the Palestinians. How's that working out?

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2013, 09:22:17 PM
Wow. Never saw this coming  ::)

QuoteEven before the nuclear negotiations between Iran and the 5+1 world powers ended in Geneva early Sunday with no deal, an Iranian general lashed out at America Saturday and warned both the U.S. and Israel that they will be attacked.

According to Fars News Agency, the regime's outlet run by the Revolutionary Guards, Gen. Massoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of staff of Iran's armed forces, said "America's interests and all of Israel are within the range of the Islamic Republic and there is not the slightest doubt among Iran's armed forces to confront the American government and the Zionists (Israel)."

Jazayeri said Israel is pulling the strings of Washington and "the American government is one of the most hated and evil governments in the world."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/09/iran-general-no-doubt-israel-and-america-will-be-attacked/#ixzz2kIduMBtO

guy must of wanted an iPod for Christmas....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Dolan50

the Daily Caller is a right-wing rag run by Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

I'll believe this story once a reputable and ethical news source runs it.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Iran backed out of nuclear deal - John Kerry
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24895911

"US Secretary of State John Kerry has said Iran backed out of a deal on its nuclear programme during talks with world powers in Geneva on Saturday.

Amid reports that France's reservations scuppered an agreement, Mr Kerry told reporters in Abu Dhabi: "The French signed off on it; we signed off on it."

Iran had been unable to accept the deal "at that particular moment", he added.

Mr Kerry said he hoped in the next few months they could "find an agreement that meets everyone's standards".

Representatives from Iran and the so-called P5+1 - the US, UK, France, Russia and China plus Germany - will meet again on 20 November."

There has been a denial that the Western camp was divided, not least from the US Secretary of State John Kerry himself.

Speaking in the UAE, he noted that France was as much on board as the other Western players. It was Iran, he said, that "couldn't take it at that particular moment".

Mark Hibbs, a Berlin-based nuclear expert, says that might be a diplomatic way of minimising the tensions in the Western camp.

However, he believes the outcome in Geneva was by no means a fiasco. Not only the French, but others in the Western camp, were uneasy at the sudden breakneck pace of the talks.

As Mr Hibbs puts it: "Some of the Europeans were concerned that Washington was moving forward at a pace with which they were not comfortable."
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Iranian deputy industry minister shot dead.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24892869

"An unknown attacker has shot dead Iran's deputy industry minister.

Safdar Rahmatabadi was driving in Tehran's Sabalan Square late on Sunday when he was shot once in the head and once in the chest, the state news agency IRNA reported.

A police officer told the agency that the attacker appeared to have been inside Mr Rahmatabadi's vehicle and spoke to him before opening fire.

There was no speculation as to why the deputy minister was targeted.

Police said they had begun an investigation. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

Assassinations of officials are not unheard of in Iran, in particular scientists connected with the country's nuclear programme. In January 2012 a car bomb killed university lecturer Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, who also worked at the Natanz uranium enrichment facility."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Dolan50 on November 11, 2013, 12:33:32 AM
I'll believe this story once a reputable and ethical news source runs it.

Does Fars count? http://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920818000226

(Granted, I can't read any form of Arabic; this could be about some general's plans to use his troops to build dams and other non-nuclear national infrastructure projects, for all I know...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

LongBlade

Quote from: Dolan50 on November 11, 2013, 09:56:50 AM
Iranian deputy industry minister shot dead.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24892869

"An unknown attacker has shot dead Iran's deputy industry minister.

Safdar Rahmatabadi was driving in Tehran's Sabalan Square late on Sunday when he was shot once in the head and once in the chest, the state news agency IRNA reported.

A police officer told the agency that the attacker appeared to have been inside Mr Rahmatabadi's vehicle and spoke to him before opening fire.

There was no speculation as to why the deputy minister was targeted.

Police said they had begun an investigation. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

Assassinations of officials are not unheard of in Iran, in particular scientists connected with the country's nuclear programme. In January 2012 a car bomb killed university lecturer Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, who also worked at the Natanz uranium enrichment facility."

I saw that yesterday on either Fox or DailyCaller.com. Of course I knew it was bogus instantly.  ::)

Dolan50

You can push the rights agenda all you like!

But don't expect me to swallow any of the garbage that these yellow journalist are selling without looking deeper into the story.

Fox isn't an ethical news source and as far as I'm concerned the Daily Caller is nothing more than the right-wings answer to the lefts Huffington post.

I'm neither Right or Left or Demo or Repub. and consider the source before I come to my own conclusions.

LongBlade

I generally stick to my own agenda  8)