Sandy Hook "Official Report" Released Today!

Started by airboy, November 26, 2013, 09:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The official police report of the Sandy Hook murders was finally released today - 11 months after the killing.

Why so late?  Probably typical CYA mentality of public employees.  People should do their duty.

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorials/hc-ed-sandy-hook-report-20131125,0,3905746.story

BanzaiCat

http://www.scribd.com/doc/187053363/Sandy-Hook-Final-Report

QuoteNumerous video games were located in the basement computer/gaming area. The list of video games includes, but is not limited to:
-"Left for Dead"
-"Metal Gear Solid"
-"Dead Rising"
-"Half Life"
-"Battlefield"
-"Call of Duty"
-"Grand Theft Auto"
-"Shin Megami Tensei"
-"Dynasty Warriors"
-"Vice City"
-"Team Fortress"
-"Doom"

W8taminute

As a gamer I take offense to the news even mentioning that the kid had games in his basement.  So what?!?!  We all have games in our basement.  Does that make us all murderers?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

QuoteThe review of the electronic evidence also found many things that are on a typical hard drive or memory card that would probably have no relevance to the investigation either because of creation date or subject matter. That being said, the following selected topics or items were found within the digital evidence seized: -

Bookmarks pertaining to firearms, military, politics, mass murder, video games, music,  books, Army Ranger, computers and programs, ammunition, candy, economic books

- Web page design folders

- Two videos showing suicide by gunshot

- Commercial movies depicting mass shootings

- The computer game titled "School Shooting" where the player controls a character who enters a school and shoots at students

- Screen shots (172) of the online game "Combat Arms"

- "Dance Dance Revolution" (DDR) game screen shots

- Videos of shooter playing DDR

- Images of the shooter holding a handgun to his head

- Images of the shooter holding a rifle to his head

- Five-second video (dramatization) depicting children being shot

- Images of shooter with a rifle, shotgun and numerous magazines in his pockets

- Documents on weapons and magazine capacity

QuoteThe shooter liked to play a game called "Dance Dance Revolution" (DDR), which is a music video game in which the player stands on a platform, watches a video screen and moves his feet as directed by the video. A home version of this was seen and photographed in the shooter's home.
Several videos of him playing DDR were found on digital media taken from the home. The GPS found in the home and reportedly belonging to the shooter indicated that he regularly went to the area of a theater that had a commercial version of the DDR game in the lobby. In 2011 and up until a month before December 14, 2012, the shooter went to the theater and played the game. He went most every Friday through Sunday and played the game for four to ten hours.

The shooter was specific about the clothes he wore. He typically wore the same clothing when at the theater: a grey hoodie and slacks.

After a snowstorm in 2011 the shooter was not seen at the theater until about February 2012. At that time he seemed more anti-social and no longer played DDR with others.

An acquaintance of the shooter from 2011 to June 2012 said that the shooter and the acquaintance played DDR quite a bit. They would play the game and occasionally see a movie. They did not play first person shooter games at the theater.

The shooter had stamina for DDR and never appeared winded unless really exhausted.

BanzaiCat

The quality of the writing in this report offends me. There's a lot of extraneous crap in here (as you can see) that has nothing to do with the report's stated intent:

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The purpose of this report is to identify the person or persons criminally responsible for the twenty-seven homicides that occurred in Newtown, Connecticut, on the morning of December 14, 2012, to determine what crimes were committed, and to indicate if there will be any state  prosecutions as a result of the incident.

So, how his fascination with hamsters and DDR and how he "played video games most of the day...all day" (most of the day all day...really, writer?) - not to mention about 70% of the rest of this report - has nothing to do with identifying anything other than leaving a lot of unsaid heresay laying out there.

As you said, W8, one thing I can't stand is the media's love of connecting video games with actual crimes.

If you look at a related article, you'll see two pictures with some of the games posted.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-photographs-from-states-attorney-report-on-sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting,0,3793450.photogallery

Also, from my first post, note "Grand Theft Auto" is listed as one and "Vice City" is listed as another. Minor point here, but GTA is the nomenclature for the series, and I would have read this as GTA I. And, Vice City is of course a GTA game, but they fail to point that out. This goes to prove the people that do these investigations have no clue about these games.

In any case, this entire event was obviously horrific, but the only thing I'm getting from this report is a lot of soft-shoe tap-dancing.

BanzaiCat

Oh, my God...

Quote15.

The shooter had a LAN party50 at his home in 2008 with Tech Club members; no firearms were seen at the shooter's home.

50 This is a party where attendees eat pizza and play video games.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 26, 2013, 11:16:34 AM
Oh, my God...

Quote15.

The shooter had a LAN party50 at his home in 2008 with Tech Club members; no firearms were seen at the shooter's home.

50 This is a party where attendees eat pizza and play video games.

Good thing the NSA was eavesdropping on that (and all other) LAN parties. No telling how many crimes they prevented by their vigilance.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

so if we play video games and eat Chinese food instead, it's not a LAN party?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 26, 2013, 11:42:37 AM
so if we play video games and eat Chinese food instead, it's not a LAN party?

The threat matrix says no, so it must be true.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.