Main Menu

two dead cpu's

Started by GDS_Starfury, June 20, 2014, 04:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I've gotten it all straightened out. 
I had to flash the bios to the lastest version as there was a conflict with the original and the lasted 8 core cpu's.
I also turn off the hyper threading turbo thingy until I get an aftermarket cpu cooler.   with the stock cooler it never gets hotter then 38 C under full load playing Wot or TW with everything maxed out.  but with all the options in the bios set at normal it was getting closer to 50 C.  now Im just trying to decide if I want to take the plunge and get one of the new self contained liquid jobs.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SgtRock

The very first computer, big old mainframe, I worked on was water cooled so I find it funny my 3770 8 core system has a radiator in it, old technology is new again.
I'd go with water cooling, the new devices are completely sealed and there are some systems that will also water cool your video card!

GDS_Starfury

I took advantage of the special TD had with the ATI R9 270 with its two giant fans.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.