Main Menu

Archaeological Dig

Started by bayonetbrant, April 05, 2012, 08:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I just used a combination of an air can and pocketknife to clean out the keyboard on my work computer.

Either the office has a cat loose in here at night, or this keyboard has been around here a loooooong time.
And I'm pretty sure there are some chemical engineering researchers that would be interested in a few of compounds I dug out of this thing into the trash...

Plus side: my keyboard no longer qualifies as an emergency ration under FEMA guidelines.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

LOL

I think that my keyboard at work came from the Tardis, since the last time I turned it over and gave it a bit of a shake, more crap fell out than could possibly fit inside. I think I may have actually have destroyed a thriving civilisation by my rash action ???
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MIGMaster

I routinely dump a can of Pepsi in mine - it leads to some real interesting key mapping at times  :D

Shelldrake

And this is why toilet seats are cleaner than computer keyboards!  :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7377002.stm
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

I used to pay big money for keyboards - them I realized I was better off with cheaper models that could be viewed as "disposable," due to the limited amount of time they lasted and the abuse they took.

Shelldrake

I bought a washable Seal Shield keyboard for my office that also has an antimicrobial product in the plastic.

http://store.sealshield.com/silver-seal-keyboard-p26.aspx
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

Kewl and not a bad price !

Gusington

This is a disgusting conversation. Well done all! My work computer is littered with matter that has fallen from my eyebrows and nose.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd