Xbox 720 rumored to ship for 2013 holiday season

Started by Shelldrake, April 03, 2012, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

The next gen Xbox is rumored to require an always on internet connection and will include built-in Kinect and a blue-ray player.

http://www.techspot.com/news/48040-next-gen-xbox-to-include-two-gpus-four-or-six-core-processor.html
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

eyebiter

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 03, 2012, 02:41:55 PM
All conjecture at this point.

More conjecture is that MS, just like Sony, will block the playing of used games on the next generation of consoles.
One of them, can't remember which, might demean themselves enough to allow you to unlock used games for a fee per
game
if you snivel enough to pique their interest.

Anyone thirsty for a big glass of Late-Model Console Kool-aid?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I think I'm done with consoles after the current generation. The added layers of DRM, the drive against used games, it's too much to take.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Ulfang

I'll wait and see what happens before deciding. I prefer my 360 to the PS3 but prefer the  more powerful PC over both. I don't expect either console will be backwards compatible and as both the 360 and PS3 are hardly past it in terms of longevity unless themes something on the new consoles I can't live without I doubt I'd get them at release date. It will take a while for them to have a handful of good games anyway.
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Arctic Blast

At this point, it's nothing more than sites spamming up completely unproven nonsense to get hits. Nobody should be making a purchasing decision now based on conjecture.

MIGMaster

I certainly hope that when this thing does ship Microsoft ups it freakin' engineering. The first 360 was a complete box of warm shit ! I think we got maybe a few months outta ours before it did the Ring o' Death ! The new- generation 360 is still working, but there was no excuse for the high failure rates of the first 360's. I personally find the PS3 to be the sexier alternative.......

Martok

I read somewhere that the PS4 will share the same unsavory characteristics as the 720: always online DRM, no backwards compatibility, and no used games (unless you pay a fee and ask really, really nicely -- then MAYBE they'll let you). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MIGMaster

I hate the always online part - then again I hated Steam (still do by the way), but it runs on my PC as a necessary evil.