Main Menu

Necro Games !

Started by devoncop, April 20, 2022, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I played that about a month ago after putting it aside years ago - revisited it around the end of February when Russia invaded Ukraine. It has held up very well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2022, 09:21:34 PM
Well, I just reinstalled World in Conflict. This was a fantastic game back in the day and one of the few where I played the entire campaign from start to finish and was absolutely riveted the entire time. I recently learned that there is a cult community modding the game and making some pretty impressive and complex advancements. I've been meaning to post about it in a separate thread.

Also, recently reinstalled Blitzkrieg 2 anthology.

Wow JH those games definitely qualify  :bd:

I think I would find them both a bit too much of a clickfest and my sloth like reactions couldnt cope but its great to see they are still enjoyable for you. Lot of value in the gaming archive.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

Quote from: devoncop on April 20, 2022, 10:42:56 AM
In anticipation of the upcoming Steam release of Old World and to get me back into that general vibe after several years of more hardcore wargames I decided to scour my Steam library and re install Civ 5 (I know Old World has many refinements and differences but bear with me here).

On release I bounced off Civ 5 after spending hundreds of hours on Civ 4 and its stacking but in some Steam sale I evidently picked up all the exlansions for a song so decided to jump back in. I  am absolutely loving it and as I play on Epic have really enjoyed the ebb and flow of the Empires and ( up to now at least) rational diplomatic relations. It has been a revelation.

Any games you other reprobates have given a second ( or third )  chance to and found yourself in love with ?
After playing lots of Master of Orion CtS lately, i also did reinstall CIV V as it's the very close to MOO CtS. I am not there yet but i am giving it another chance and like it so far. There are still some other games i want to give more time and a second chance. I also had this experience with Endless Space, Polaris Sector or Oriental Empires for instance even though they are not that old.

I do have however many games i did enjoy already back then and still replay from time to time.

devoncop

Well Anguille I noticed you just beat Master of Orion CTS and I bounced off that on release a bit it has prompted me to give it another shot as my Civ 5 playthrough is coming to a (shockingly) successful playthrough as Suileman of the Ottomans .

Will load it up ready for a start sometime next week I think.

Anguille

Quote from: devoncop on April 23, 2022, 04:13:17 AM
Well Anguille I noticed you just beat Master of Orion CTS and I bounced off that on release a bit it has prompted me to give it another shot as my Civ 5 playthrough is coming to a (shockingly) successful playthrough as Suileman of the Ottomans .

Will load it up ready for a start sometime next week I think.
Excellent. I recommend to install the Unofficial Code Patch https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109736522. Lots of bug fixing.

devoncop

Cheers Anguille.

I have subscribed to the mod via the workshop so hopefully i will be good to go on start up (I am a Mod neanderthal  :idiot2:so hopefully it works !)

Ian

Senex

When I was young and foolish, I deleted Civilization V from my hard drive shortly after it was released.
Now that I'm old and foolish, the quality of my dumb decisions has improved.  ... Or so I think.

Con

The talk of Homeworld 3 reminded me I had never gone past mission 2 in Deserts of Kharak
Upto mission 8 now and really enjoying it. Though the gripe on not being able to disband groups came back to me

Fetrik

The recent steam release of The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall reminded me that there is a unity version.
So i started playing that yesterday. So far so fun and many deaths.

CJReich46

Quote from: Fetrik on April 29, 2022, 05:49:41 AM
The recent steam release of The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall reminded me that there is a unity version.
So i started playing that yesterday. So far so fun and many deaths.

Ah yes Daggerfall, I remember when they released it for free, (GoG for you anti-Steamers). I never felt so frustrated yet accomplished when I finally got out of that dang tutorial (?) dungeon!  Then of course getting to town and ...the hilarity ensued. I may have to do that and there are let's plays on Unity Daggerfall if you want to see how's evolved.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose