Main Menu

FRIDAY in Hell

Started by Pete Dero, June 03, 2022, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Same as last week : Old World & learning to fly an Airbus 320 in a flight simulator.

al_infierno

Great song choice!  I remember seeing Nuclear Assault at California Death Fest in 2016.  Great effing band, but man I was exhausted by the end of their set, and there were still four bands afterward!

I've been playing a lot of Intravenous which is a great game - basically like Hotline Miami meets Splinter Cell.  Very tense, and stealth and aggressive combat are both equally viable if you're quick and clever enough. Not sure what I'll play next.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

stolypin

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm.  (Bought 4 years ago during a Matrix sale, just now getting around to play it).

Also reading about Operation Focus in 1967 in preparation of playing the scenario depicting it in the Shifting Sands DLC for Command Modern Operations.

Dammit Carl!

Seeing Perez win at Monaco has put the racin' bug back in my pants, so Wreckfest and DiRT 2.0 is back on the docket.

Vroom, vroom!

-Team Checo, baby!

Gusington

Old World, Total War: Troy and Imperiums: Greek Wars.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

No idea. Been in a bit of a rut. Definitely some Elden ring, but beyond that not certain. I got Planet Zoo off the most recent Humble choice month (I usually suspend every month but I've been wanting this one for a while so I figured why not) so I might crack that open.

Maybe a wargame, maybe FM or OOTP
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Okay survived the week, we're going through "personnel changes" (that is they quit after the corporate managers fired our store manager) So we're going through some "turbulence". So I'm off until Sunday (back to mornings again  :buck2: ) but I have the same schedule so it's not so bad.

Gaming wise:

Distant Worlds 1.0.4.9 BETA
  - some new features to the beta patch. Notably when you mouse over the research icon on the top of the screen it will show a drop down of your cued research and indicate the research that has been "crashed."

Gladius Relics of War
- Free weekend on Steam, so I figured why not? Kind of impressed with it.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Good luck with the job man.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^^Yeah good luck with the job.

I'll be playing daughter graduates high school so I'm not sure how many other games I'll get to play. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Platinum Jubilee for her Mag Queen Elizabeth II here in the UK and you can't move in my part without running into Union Jack bunting, street parties and cream teas so as is my wont I have gone to ground , with more Atom RPG and Old World trying to avoid my Carthaginians getting crushed by Assyria and Egypt....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I read that the Queen herself could not make it to the second day of the Jubilee, including the Troop the Colours. She was feeling tired, weak, etc. IMHO she actually looks healthier and more spry than Charles.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2022, 10:59:26 AM
I read that the Queen herself could not make it to the second day of the Jubilee, including the Troop the Colours. She was feeling tired, weak, etc. IMHO she actually looks healthier and more spry than Charles.

Charles unsurprisingly  has the look of a man who ditched Diana for Camilla. Serves him right. ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^That too is...unfathomable to me :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2022, 08:40:04 PM
Congrats!

Thanks!  Made it through the day and all had a good time at the party we hosted.  I've got leftovers for days.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk