Main Menu

Fallen Enchantress

Started by Zulu1966, October 21, 2012, 07:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I wasn't knocking Warlock, just pointing out that it isn't exactly a deep game.  Fallen Enchantress has a lot more to it.  Whether or not Fallen Enchantress is any good, well, we'll have to see about that. ;)

Funny that I haven't got an email from Stardock, considering today is release day.  They've been newsletter-happy lately.

Kushan

Not a good sign when I can't uninstall the beta....

I'm getting a "Could not access network location NO$KEY" when I try to unistall the beta. I've tried restarting my machine. I've tried running disabling Norton. Nothing seems to work. Anyone who had the beta have this issue?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 23, 2012, 07:51:01 PM

I'm getting a "Could not access network location NO$KEY" when I try to unistall the beta. I've tried restarting my machine. I've tried running disabling Norton. Nothing seems to work. Anyone who had the beta have this issue?

"network location"??

Just where did you install this thing, anyway?  :P 

It always rankles me when someone issues a faulty installer/uninstaller.  Come on people!   ::)  I got one from one of EA's Battlefield games.  Had to manually delete it along with finding the registry keys and deleting those manually, too.   F'ing ridiculous.

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on October 23, 2012, 11:21:21 PM
Quote from: Kushan on October 23, 2012, 07:51:01 PM

"network location"??

Just where did you install this thing, anyway?  :P 

It always rankles me when someone issues a faulty installer/uninstaller.  Come on people!   ::)  I got one from one of EA's Battlefield games.  Had to manually delete it along with finding the registry keys and deleting those manually, too.   F'ing ridiculous.

Its installed onto my game/program drive...where I have everything but windows installed. First time I've had an issue with uninstalling something. I know when I installed it norton didn't like the FE installer, maybe I should have just let norton continue to block it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

ArizonaTank

No problems uninstalling beta then installing FE.  I also have Norton.  So just lucky I guess.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

TheCommandTent

So as anyone played this yet?  Should I even spend the time installing it?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Kushan

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Huw the Poo

Yeah, I was just about to say that the forumites are loving it over on QT3, and they were some of WoM's biggest critics.  Bodes well.

Tpek

I played several games of it already.

Nice, but still seems to have some of the cons of the original Elemental, namely, equipment is really not unique enough.
With a limited selection of armors, the way they all look the same, makes troops feel too much like each other, without any faction difference.
And there aren't enough ranged weapons, just 2-3 bows, that are basically a linear progression of the same weapon. (And an amulet that lets you throw knives)

TheCommandTent

So I can't seem to unlock my free version of the game.  I thought it was suppose to be available for me on the former Stardock application that GameStop now owns.  I tried poking around there forums and didn't find an answer.  Anyone know how I am suppose to get the game?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Capn Darwin

Get Heavenfalls Stormworld mod. A ton of great content. He also has a UI mod as well.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on October 25, 2012, 08:54:39 AM
With a limited selection of armors, the way they all look the same, makes troops feel too much like each other, without any faction difference.

Oh for christ's sake, really?  That's one of the things we shouted loudest about over WoM.  It's really disheartening to hear they haven't fixed this.

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 25, 2012, 12:31:18 PM
Quote from: Tpek on October 25, 2012, 08:54:39 AM

Oh for christ's sake, really?  That's one of the things we shouted loudest about over WoM.  It's really disheartening to hear they haven't fixed this.

I remember they talked about it at length back before the beta even, how this was going to be one of the major changes in the game.
Finally some nice selection of themed-weapons...

And yet again the same thing.

I kinda like this game, but it's not really that different from the original WoM.

And does anyone know what's this "Fallen Enchantress" in the title even?
So far I haven't seen a single mention of that Enchantress, or even a female mage for that purpose :P

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Tpek on October 25, 2012, 12:45:56 PM
And does anyone know what's this "Fallen Enchantress" in the title even?
So far I haven't seen a single mention of that Enchantress, or even a female mage for that purpose :P

I suspect the identity of the Fallen Enchantress will be revealed by playing the campaign thus it would be rather spoilerish to give it away up-front, I've just started the campaign myself so I maybe wrong.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill