Friday Gaming - the Guy Fawkes setting fire to **** + launching fireworks thread

Started by undercovergeek, November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

I'm hoping to catch some of you lot playing L4D2 and get into a game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM
and ill be buying Anno 1404 to chill out and build stuff - thanks Huw

Yay!  You will not regret it, I promise.  I was right about AOW:SM after all! ;)

For myself...Guild Wars 2.  Yeah, I said I'd shelve it, but I started a different character "just to see" and...well, here we go again. :D

Also Fallen Enchantress.  I'm playing it slowly but I'm very impressed by what I've seen so far.  Cautiously optimistic on this one!  I hope they've solved the suicidal sovereign bug.

Father Ted

Quote from: MengJiao on November 02, 2012, 08:41:05 AM
I will be playing Crecy Men of Iron Style

Not heard of this - could you enlighten me?

I'm hoping for some Friday night Roffing and maybe getting my oldest to join  me in a Darkest Hour realism scrim

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2012, 08:05:14 AM
I will be attempting to get in and out of NYC to help a good friend who has last his house. If I suck at this game it is going to get ugly...for me.

good luck Gus, and take care!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working 7pm Friday until 7 am Monday.  Wheee......ugh

But then, week off!  YAY!

Gusington

Thanks Geek. The Wife hates me right now for playing this game and I had less gas in my canisters than I thought (couple of gallons). Other than that this game is loads of fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2012, 08:05:14 AM
I will be attempting to get in and out of NYC to help a good friend who has last his house. If I suck at this game it is going to get ugly...for me.

Good luck Gus hope it goes well for you.  I'll be helping with the clean up around my area and hoping they get the power on soon while still counting my blessings .... I still have a gaming computer to go back to when the power comes on and some people lost everything.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

Hoping to get some time with:

- Just Cause 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Xcom

Since we turn back our clocks this weekend, maybe I will actually squeeze some extra time in:)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 07:20:05 PM
Sword of the Stars II...totally and completely hooked.  FINALLY!

Ill have to admit, after seeing your recent screenshots, you have my interest peaked....might finally have to give it a try again.

Jarhead0331

^I went from maybe 2 or 3 hours played since release, to 15 hours played in the last 2 days.  Its a great game now...105 turns into my current campaign, and I haven't even made first contact with a major alien empire, so no diplomacy as of yet.  But I love the research, survey, colonize, fleet and combat options so far.  its definitely got that "just one more turn" hook into me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
^I went from maybe 2 or 3 hours played since release, to 15 hours played in the last 2 days.  Its a great game now...105 turns into my current campaign, and I haven't even made first contact with a major alien empire, so no diplomacy as of yet.  But I love the research, survey, colonize, fleet and combat options so far.  its definitely got that "just one more turn" hook into me.

I just checked my Steam account and I have only had 7 minutes logged in it:)  I will certainly give it more of a try now...thanks again.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 02, 2012, 07:43:43 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 07:37:50 PM

I just checked my Steam account and I have only had 7 minutes logged in it:)  I will certainly give it more of a try now...thanks again.

My pleasure...let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Kushan

Back up my system tonight. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on Win8 tomorrow. My current Win7 install is only about 10 months old, but has been giving me a few issues these last few weeks.

I'll mainly be playing Fallout 3 and CK2. First time playing FO3. Playing with a few overhaul mods.  Enjoying it so far, except the mods I'm playing with have made it really difficult at the beginning. I've actually had to turn the game down to easy, which I never do. Even with modded FONV and Skyrim, I could at least play it on normal or expert.

In CK2 I plan to finish my conquest of Burgundy. That will give me 3 king titles. Not sure what I'm going to do after that. Probably do my own version of the Hapsburg plan and marry off all my kids to the royalty of Europe. Soon branches my dynasty will sit on every throne in Europe.

I'll also Get some modded X-Com time in as well. With all the positive feedback, I'm probably going to install Fallen Enchantress as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play