Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on November 10, 2023, 04:33:52 PMKeep our fingers crossed

Yep, hoping nothing else happens, still the top game I have been waiting for, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Grim.Reaper

Its been released.  Be aware, you will not be able to get a steam key in the future, you'll need to repurchase it.  If you want steam, might want to wait.

Gusington

Really? That sucks. I wonder why they changed their policy...with other releases customers were migrated to Steam from Xsolla.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I got it. Have only played about 10 minutes.

It was fun and looks very pretty, but it is still clearly very early access. Needs some fluff, details, and content and, of course, a good amount of balancing.

My take away from the Steam notice wasn't that there will not be any keys necessarily, but that they are unable to issue them now or guaranty them in the future. A Steam release doesn't seem planned until summer of 2024 anyway, so I figured, what the hell... :twirl:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 14, 2023, 12:33:41 PMI got it. Have only played about 10 minutes.

It was fun and looks very pretty, but it is still clearly very early access. Needs some fluff, details, and content and, of course, a good amount of balancing.

My take away from the Steam notice wasn't that there will not be any keys necessarily, but that they are unable to issue them now or guaranty them in the future. A Steam release doesn't seem planned until summer of 2024 anyway, so I figured, what the hell... :twirl:

On their discord channel, they implied this version and steam version would be separate purchases.  Of course if people ok with current platform, then getting a steam version not required......I guess we will see next year.

Game is certainly work in progress, like the way it looks for sure.  Had blue screen crash but not sure if because of game or my computer as I have had strange issues recently so hopefully this isn't constant.

SirAndrewD

Maybe I should hold off a bit and see how this go....

AAAND Purchased.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

I think my issues are computer related, but unfortunately it's preventing me from gaming now...which is bad timing with this coming out.  Based on the errors I suspect its the video card so I need to determine if I want to buy just a cheap stop gap video card until I go big with a new computer, which I really don't need beyond this issue so was hoping to hold off for another year or two.  I would go for one of the top cards, but don't think my motherboard can handle it along with the necessary cooling that would be required, which basically would lead me to just replacing everything.

I guess my gaming will be on the console for the time being:)

bobarossa

And don't forget a possible power supply upgrade for the video card!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bobarossa on November 14, 2023, 03:44:08 PMAnd don't forget a possible power supply upgrade for the video card!

That I am already good with, have one of the larger sizes already:)

undercovergeek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 14, 2023, 12:52:31 PMMaybe I should hold off a bit and see how this go....

AAAND Purchased.

........and then?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 14, 2023, 04:21:39 PM........and then?

I routed my first army of Redcoats! 

Haven't had a chance to really dig into it.  Having to actually do a full day of work for once.

I liked what I saw right off the bat though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 14, 2023, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 14, 2023, 04:21:39 PM........and then?

I routed my first army of Redcoats! 

Haven't had a chance to really dig into it.  Having to actually do a full day of work for once.

I liked what I saw right off the bat though. 

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnd thennnnnnn?

Jarhead0331

Pacing really needs balance. Combat moves too fast. Units seem to get exhausted very quickly, casualties happen very fast, which also results in units breaking much faster than should be expected. it doesn't seem as if troops in cover and concealment really gain much of a defensive bonus. LOS elements are there in the present build, but need a lot of work too. The UI is extremely basic. Very few controls for formations, movement, etc. It's very rough around the edges, but it's beautiful to look at and fun to play. Have not tried naval combat yet and I wish the British forces could be player controlled.

There is tremendous potential here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

In case folks didn't see their roadmap, gives an idea of the order where new things will be added, although no specific timing.  They did state desire to be complete in summer 2024, which if true, then seems like these items should come out on some frequent basis to be fully complete by then.

I tried to play more last night, but computer is frequently crashing so likely will be awhile before I fully get to play:)