Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 01:18:53 PM »

Is this your first headset?

Yep.  Almost pulled the trigger on several before but never did it. 
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 12:56:11 PM »
I finally pulled the long delayed trigger on the Valve Index last night when I saw the combo kit was in stock.

Time to take this to the next level!

Is this your first headset?
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 12:07:32 PM »
I finally pulled the long delayed trigger on the Valve Index last night when I saw the combo kit was in stock.

Time to take this to the next level!
Computer Gaming / Re: WWII Turn based Tactical Game
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 11:40:32 AM »
Hadnt heard of the below before - there is a demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363740/The_Troop/

Thanks for the tip. i played half the demo and it was quite good.
Computer Gaming / Re: Lost FRIDAY
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 10:20:57 AM »
It's a Diablo party around here lately, appropriate for the season. I just killed Urzael (sp?) in Diablo III (Reaper of Souls).
Not much about the battle of the Scheldt if you go by the official dates, rather it takes place during Market Garden  :o

On September 17, a British and two American airborne divisions, together with a Polish brigade, landed behind the German lines at Eindhoven, Nijmegen and Arnhem. These landings started Operation Market Garden.

On September 21, the Canadian 4th Panzer Division moved north, roughly along the Ghent - Terneuzen line. It had the task of clearing the so-called "Breskens pocket", an area around Breskens that was still in German hands. The Polish 1st Armored Division moved further east to the Belgian-Dutch border for the crucial area north of Antwerp. This is the start of the Battle of the Scheldt.

So the two actually partially coincide.

Wikipedia puts it at Oct 2 to Nov 8:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Scheldt
Maybe the start date is fluid, but my expectation of the movie was on the campaign and that the main units would be amphibious landings, commandos and so on and not a glider plane (curiously with only two passangers aside two pilots).
Not much about the battle of the Scheldt if you go by the official dates, rather it takes place during Market Garden  :o

On September 17, a British and two American airborne divisions, together with a Polish brigade, landed behind the German lines at Eindhoven, Nijmegen and Arnhem. These landings started Operation Market Garden.

On September 21, the Canadian 4th Panzer Division moved north, roughly along the Ghent - Terneuzen line. It had the task of clearing the so-called "Breskens pocket", an area around Breskens that was still in German hands. The Polish 1st Armored Division moved further east to the Belgian-Dutch border for the crucial area north of Antwerp. This is the start of the Battle of the Scheldt.

So the two actually partially coincide.

I was disappointed. Acting is so and so. It has an authentic period feel which is good. No amphibious landings. No sense of scale of the campaign.

Computer Gaming / Re: Steel Tigers coming?
« Last post by Pete Dero on Today at 08:19:27 AM »
Posted around 2 years ago : (confirms Karri's post )     

Hi everyone,

2019 has been a very busy year for 2by3, with two major projects (War in the East 2 and Steel Tigers) in the works and we wanted to give you all a brief update on how things are going and our current expectations for 2020.

Finishing War in the East 2 has top priority for 2by3 and it is expected to be feature complete within the next quarter, which means that a final release date will depend on final testing and polish time, but we expect it will be a 2020 release. Recruitment for testers will ramp up once we reach a feature complete state.

Steel Tigers is the next priority after WITE2 and is already roughly 70% feature complete for our initial feature goals, but it is a complex title and a great deal of work still remains. Steel Tigers is a cooperative project that has included development and engine support from Matrix and Slitherine as well.

Steel Tigers will release after WITE2. As it is based on a new engine and not yet feature complete, it's too early to predict a timeframe but we want to allow enough time to finish it properly and also to support WITE2 properly after its release. We do plan to involve the Steel Panthers community in the alpha test once the basic feature set and testing are complete and their feedback will help us greatly in determining the final shape of the game and additional development and the final release timeline.

Best Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

- Matrix Games and 2by3
Computer Gaming / Re: Steel Tigers coming?
« Last post by Karri on Today at 08:01:56 AM »
Supposedly it has been waiting for WitE2 to be completed, but that news was from years ago. Would not expect this year at least...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10