In 1943 US psychologist predicted what might happen to Hitler

Started by WallysWorld, March 26, 2015, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

During WWII the Office of Strategic Services, a precursor to the CIA, hired an American psychologist to analyze and predict the behavior of the world's most brutal tyrant.

Psychologist Henry Murray produced a 229-page report, "The Personality of Adolf Hitler," in which he found Hitler to be a schizophrenic who acted like a paranoid "utter wreck" and who was "incapable of normal human relationships."

Murray predicted that Hitler's mental instability would lead to the Nazi leader's downfall. "It can be confidently predicted that Hitler's neurotic spells will increase in frequency and duration and his effectiveness as a leader will diminish," Murray wrote.

Murray predicted nine possible scenarios of what could happen next as of 1943:  http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/26/the-nine-scenarios-u-s-intelligence-predicted-for-the-future-of-adolf-hitler-in-1943/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson