"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel

Started by Cyrano, July 04, 2018, 02:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Cyrano, considering the lack of response, let me know if you want me to try to find some people that might be interested in this.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I'm definitely still in! I'm driving all day tomorrow though so I won't have a lot of time these next couple of days.

Cyrano

@bbmike:  I must confess to being both delighted and horrified, although it's a very nice problem to have.

Doug and I always expected there were Kriegsspielers wanting to march in their dozens.  Nice to be proven correct.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Advocator

Having no idea what I've likely signed up for, I'm still looking very forward to this!  With so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Iconoclast

QuoteWith so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Yeah, "just" run two games.  ;D
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

Neal

Hello, I finally made it in.

Marshall Neal, or simply Neal is the name.

Would like to join if there's room.

Thanks!

-N-

JasonPratt

Note that Neal's introduction thread indicates he's experienced at Krieging!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 07, 2018, 03:10:06 PM
Note that Neal's introduction thread indicates he's experienced at Krieging!

What wizardry is this?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

For ease of reference:

Quote from: Neal on July 07, 2018, 01:59:28 PM
A bit... LOL

Hello! My name is Marshall or "Neal" on here.

I am an experienced Kriegsspiel guy looking to play some PBEM Kriegsspiel.

I run Kriegsspiel events in Los Angeles, and wrote an article about it in the current issue of Battles magazine. That should qualify me as insane.

I heard there was going to be a Napoleonic Kriegsspiel starting soon, so I have wandered into this establishment seeking a fix. You guys got anymore of them PBEM Kriegsspiels?

-Neal

OJ saw his post first and pointed him in the right direction.

Since naturally I want to win, I nominate him to take my place as Napoleon!

(Or failing that, I nominate him to take Charles' slot against me, so if I lose... ahem, I mean if we lose... then I can blame my loss on someone with more experience.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: Iconoclast on July 07, 2018, 12:16:20 PM
QuoteWith so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Yeah, "just" run two games.  ;D

Oh, no no no, I can think of something MUCH worse^H^H^H^H^Hchallenging than that.

...ahem...

Divisional commanders.  >:D

Forzamark

Hi
I just registeredwith the forum as saw the post of the Facebook group and I'd love to give this a try.

Mark

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

Divisional commanders...why I oughta...

Thanks so much to everyone for their replies.

One last round of off-line conversations and I'll be ready to randomize commands.  Once that happens, I'll get out the in-brief kits within a day or so.  I will then announce, in everybody's favorite game time thread, the start of the preparation period which I expect to last one week.  This is for the two sides to discuss strategy, each amongst themselves.  And then I call for orders and we're off.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806