Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Started by Huw the Poo, September 08, 2019, 06:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Amen.

Although nobody would buy that, but hey, give us back legacy GR and R6!!  :pullhair:

Grim.Reaper

I downloaded and played the beta a little bit this morning.  Overall, not horrible by any means and could see myself purchasing at some point.

- I like the auto pickup feature where ammo and other things get added when you walk by versus always having to hit some button

- Killing enemies still seemed to me take a number of bullets, even at very close range.  Although head shots certainly were effective.  Maybe my enemy had some bullet proof stuff on, not sure.

- Something I didn't like that I saw several times.  When I got wounded, in the middle of a firefight with literally enemies standing next to me, I would auto start to heal myself.  Basically my guy would pull out bandages and start repairing (which takes a number of seconds), even though an enemy is right next to me pumping more bullets into me.  I can cancel it by pressing a button, but the sequence takes so long, way too late.

- I didn't get far enough this morning, but the release will have squad mates, right?

I'll give it more time this weekend, but if anything, not totally off my radar but likely not day one especially since really no discount for pre order or early buying.

Huw the Poo

Yeah AI squad mates are coming later.

There's technically no preorder discount but if you have 100 Ubisoft points (whatever the hell they're called) that you earn by just playing their games, you can trade them for a 20% discount.

That auto healing thing sounds weird.  I'm deliberately staying away from the storyline and I like to snipe targets from afar so I guess I just haven't seen it yet.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 28, 2019, 07:45:21 AM
Yeah AI squad mates are coming later.

There's technically no preorder discount but if you have 100 Ubisoft points (whatever the hell they're called) that you earn by just playing their games, you can trade them for a 20% discount.

That auto healing thing sounds weird.  I'm deliberately staying away from the storyline and I like to snipe targets from afar so I guess I just haven't seen it yet.

Were you able to get the 20% discount on the pre order?  Looking at their advertisement, seems to imply you can't get on pre orders, nor recent releases...which seems to rule me out.

Grim.Reaper

Answered my own question, tried it and was not eligible.....so I guess it just gives me more time to determine if I buy at some point:)

Huw the Poo

Hmm, from what I'm seeing online, the offer isn't available in the US.  It worked for me (UK) just fine.  Sorry mate!

Grim.Reaper

You also mentioned that squad mates is coming later, thought I read in a couple of places it was supposed to be there on release.....if squad mates not there day one, they probably another reason may hold off a bit.  Not sure I would want to play it solo and then come back and try as a team...prefer the team aspect.

Grim.Reaper

Found my own answer again:)  So I guess it could come anytime between October 2019 and October 2020.  Bummer...

From developers....

AI TEAMMATES
We're still working on the AI Teammate implementation, and we'll have more to share with you later in Year 1. Keep an eye out for updates along the way!

Jarhead0331

I won't be getting this until the AI squad is implemented.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 28, 2019, 09:51:03 AM
I won't be getting this until the AI squad is implemented.

As much as I will be tempted, between paying full price and no squad mates, likely two reasons I hold off too....I'll continue playing the beta today to see if it changes my mind.  Still mind boggling they didn't include squad mates from the start.

Huw the Poo

I think it's fairly clear that the direction shifted fairly late in development.  It was originally marketed as a survival simulator, with an extensive injury system and a narrative of you as a lone wolf trying to escape the island.  Now, the injury system has been watered down a lot and they're adding AI squad mates - as opposed to them already being implemented.  It screams change of direction based on player feedback.

I'm not particularly concerned, myself.  I get that a lack of squad mates is a deal-breaker for some of you, but I intend to play this multiplayer as much as possible so for me it's a moot point.  The only changes I want to see are QOL changes, like being able to properly compare weapons in the shop for example.

Grim.Reaper

Hate to admit, been kind of addicted to the beta for large portions of the weekend.  Even on the easiest setting, I am struggling:)  Seems like most enemies come in groups of 2 or more so much harder to sneak up and take them out without a firefight.  My sniper rifle has been my only friend:)

So there is a chance this might be a purchase for me sooner than later, even without the squadmates.....

Huw the Poo

Yeah you definitely need to employ stealth in this game.  And it's going to get tougher too; this open beta grants skill points faster than the full release will.

I've been absolutely loving my time with the beta, and it's a struggle not to play it too much.  I can't wait for Friday. :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 29, 2019, 08:58:10 AM
Yeah you definitely need to employ stealth in this game.  And it's going to get tougher too; this open beta grants skill points faster than the full release will.

I've been absolutely loving my time with the beta, and it's a struggle not to play it too much.  I can't wait for Friday. :)

Yep, will have to figure it out....but sadly, beta just ended, kicked me out and looks like now need to wait...

Huw the Poo

Yeah I was just about to log in, then saw only two minutes remained, dammit!  It's gonna be a long week!