Main Menu

Civil War

Started by Jarhead0331, December 13, 2023, 10:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^We're speaking the same language. We got a 65" last year with a Lovesac (teehee) couch with subwoofer, satellite speakers, etc. 17 year old me could never even imagine this level of awesome.

I will never go to a theater again, in case you  were wondering.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

our living room is small and the tv is maybe 12 feet away so its almost IMAXish.  :cool:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 13, 2023, 01:22:15 PMYeah...it makes it very hard to get a handle on the belligerent sides. Perhaps its entirely an alternate version of the country in order to purposely avoid too much resemblance to modern political lines?
From what I understand, that is exactly the reason for the unlikely alliance.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

An article that explains the factions....again, the movie itself didn't dive very deep into explaining things, although implied ultimately all factions that succeeded had a common enemy by the end.  And one could draw conclusions that the situation represents what people "think" might happen with a certain leader typie in charge.

https://screenrant.com/civil-war-united-states-america-map-state-alliances-explained/#:~:text=California%20and%20Texas%20form%20the,Western%20Forces%20in%20Civil%20War.

ArizonaTank

Saw it with my wife over the weekend.

The story has some tense moments, but overall it just seems to drift. I really can't recommend it.

Maybe when it gets to streaming, and the 1000 other choices you have just don't seem to catch your interest...then you might try it.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Certainly wasn't movie of the year or must see by any stretch, but was "watchable" and had no regrets in seeing it, wife actually like it more than me.  Do think it could be have been better for me if it was more focused on the war but oh well.