[Dominions 6] 2 Grogs 2 Furious (IN PROGRESS)

Started by al_infierno, February 29, 2024, 09:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

The last game is pretty much done, with nobody left but me, TMIT, and an AI Agartha.  We're gonna keep duking it out in that game to try and test Dom 6 stuff, but in the meanwhile...

Era: Middle Age

Game name: Groggies 2

Password: Same as last time (or ask for a PM if you're new)

Deadline: Whenever we feel like it

Drop a line in this thread and claim a nation if you wanna drop in the deep end. Lobby is already created, all you have to do is go to Network > Enter Game Lobby and find Groggies 2.

Player - Nation:

1. al_infierno - Man
2. Ashara - Marignon
3. TheMeInTeam - Bandar Log
4. Myrmidon - Arcoscephale
5. Tanaka - Pyrene
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Myrmidon

I shouldn't do this... but oh well!  Sign me up. 
Tentatively as Arco.  In no rush to start, but looking forward to playing with the Grogs once again!

TheMeInTeam

Are we adding north/south wrap this time or keeping default?  As I learned in previous game no north/south makes some wars really obvious to do, and will inform my strategy a bit since unlucky caps are more likely too.  If it's possible for me to get Ulm'd, I will want to mitigate the risk of that ending the run immediately with nation choice and build.

al_infierno

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on March 01, 2024, 09:50:19 PMAre we adding north/south wrap this time or keeping default?  As I learned in previous game no north/south makes some wars really obvious to do, and will inform my strategy a bit since unlucky caps are more likely too.  If it's possible for me to get Ulm'd, I will want to mitigate the risk of that ending the run immediately with nation choice and build.

Yes, north/south wraparound this time.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

Time to return to monke I guess.  I'll take Bandar Log.

al_infierno

Tanaka -- Are you Pyrene?

- MengJiao

al_infierno

The previous game is officially over.  Could still use some extra players in this one, if anyone wants to get their feet wet.

Any takers?

- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2024, 10:07:33 PMThe previous game is officially over.  Could still use some extra players in this one, if anyone wants to get their feet wet.

Any takers?

Did you message Ajedica about joining? I thought he said he would join the next one...

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on March 06, 2024, 05:25:34 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2024, 10:07:33 PMThe previous game is officially over.  Could still use some extra players in this one, if anyone wants to get their feet wet.

Any takers?

Did you message Ajedica about joining? I thought he said he would join the next one...

I did, and unfortunately he passed on it since he's about to be traveling a lot for work.

- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on March 06, 2024, 07:17:11 PM

Any takers?

I did, and unfortunately he passed on it since he's about to be traveling a lot for work.

Looks like we are just waiting on Marignon and Bandar Log to start the game then?

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on March 07, 2024, 01:51:56 PM

Any takers?

Looks like we are just waiting on Marignon and Bandar Log to start the game then?

Yep, I think they're both ironing out a pretender choice.  Hoping to get started by Saturday.

- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on March 07, 2024, 02:20:21 PM

Any takers?

Yep, I think they're both ironing out a pretender choice.  Hoping to get started by Saturday.

Only waiting on Marignon now...

Tanaka

Quote from: Tanaka on March 08, 2024, 02:35:30 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on March 07, 2024, 02:20:21 PM

Any takers?

Only waiting on Marignon now...

And looks like we are all set to go now all pretenders are in! Due to the recent new patch I've decided to change and have some fun with Asphodel. As tricky as they are!

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on March 08, 2024, 12:42:37 PMAnd looks like we are all set to go now all pretenders are in! Due to the recent new patch I've decided to change and have some fun with Asphodel. As tricky as they are!

Did you mean to change back to Pyrene?

- MengJiao