What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Tell me about this 'getting out more.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm confused about this "out" of which she speaks...  ??? Can we start there before moving on to whatever "getting" "out" would mean?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

I dunno...
when someone says I need to 'get out' im often confused as to where.
sometimes I need to get out of Poland. 
sometimes I need to get out of Paris.
sometimes I really really really need to get out of Moscow.
other times I need to get out the nukes.
when I was younger I'd get out the dice.
is this what shes talking about?
woominz talk just confuses me.   ???
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Mrs Darwin

<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

undercovergeek

GDS_Starfury

I am not!  How dare you minimize  the Star, Mirth and Gus triangle shall not be minimuzed.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Shelldrake

I just finished Ender's Game. I can't believe that I somehow missed reading this before now. Anyway, I am psyched for the movie!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

GDS_Starfury

Can you see why the movie has a great chance of following the book to the letter?

Martok

Quote from: Mrs Darwin on October 31, 2013, 07:30:15 PM
Y'all are silly.   ;D
Guilty as charged!  But then if you've been reading over your husband's shoulder for any length of time on this site, I'm pretty sure you already knew that.  :P 

Quote from: Shelldrake on November 01, 2013, 11:55:42 AM
I just finished Ender's Game. I can't believe that I somehow missed reading this before now. Anyway, I am psyched for the movie!
Glad you liked it!  I've been debating whether I want to reread it myself before the movie comes out, although right now I'm thinking I'll hold off until after. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I read Ender's Game when I was about 12 and don't remember it at all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

...how d'you know you read it then? ::)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

I'm thinking about digging my copy out and reading it again before I go tomorrow.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Good question Bawb. I remember picking it up at Waldenbooks. But I remember nothing about the story.

I am just about to begin Last Days by Adam Neville. He is one of my favorite up and coming authors and is allegedly the British equivalent of Stephen King.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Finished The Good Soldiers, by David Finkel.  This is one of the best books I've ever read about the Iraq Conflict.  http://www.amazon.com/Good-Soldiers-David-Finkel-ebook/dp/B00305CYH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383920901&sr=8-1&keywords=the+good+soldiers

Just started rereading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Gusington

I've wanted to read Frankenstein forever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd