Main Menu

Terra Invicta

Started by Millipede, October 28, 2019, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

Welcome (back), Joe!  The game is getting a lot of buzz here, best of luck as you guys continue to get it into shape.

I'd love a game that's even vaguely like the lovechild of X-COM: UFO Defense and Civilization.  I've often thought that asymmetrical games with a 4x feel have been sorely neglected (XCOM, AI Wars, ???).

Boggit

This game has me intrigued! O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Geezer

Watching the PerunGamingAU series on Youtube.  Getting harder and harder to resist picking it up with each episode.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

Kind of reconsidering myself...

Tripoli

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2022, 10:53:57 AM
Kind of reconsidering myself...

I may be the first to break here.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Tripoli

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've been slogging through the tutorial. Zero idea what I'm doing or supposed to be doing.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 02, 2022, 11:26:38 PM
I've been slogging through the tutorial. Zero idea what I'm doing or supposed to be doing.

You and me both.

I did finally pick it up.

First, my Virpil devices messed with the camera so I had to unplug my USB hub.

But yeah, I'm going to likely spend the week baby stepping on this with youtube on my TV.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

I did pick it up, while it was still on sale for 10% off (ends later today).  Figured I'll give it a couple of hours to see if remotely makes sense to me, if not, then will return...if close enough, likely will just hold on to it and see how it evolves in early access.  We'll see...

Geezer

Whoa, I didn't realize the early access discount ended so soon.  Thanks Grim!   :bd:   Resistance was futile so I'm in.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

ArizonaTank

I had a hard time getting started at first.

Eventually I started a 'learning' game with only two other factions and set to the easiest level. That really helped, because with a full slate of factions there is just too much information coming at you all at once. With only two other factions, you can more easily track and block your rivals.

I am just coming out of the first phase of the game...the race to space. Moving to the next phase, the industrialization of space.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks, I'll give the minimum factions a whitl then.  I just went with the default setup using "The Resistance" tutorial.  That helped me learn the interface but how to actually play still eludes me.  I do control Russia, Canada, Ireland, Malaysia and Singapore and I have a bit of a space station in LEO, but Humanity First seems to control everything else.

Tripoli

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 03, 2022, 11:40:01 AM
Thanks, I'll give the minimum factions a whitl then.  I just went with the default setup using "The Resistance" tutorial.  That helped me learn the interface but how to actually play still eludes me.  I do control Russia, Canada, Ireland, Malaysia and Singapore and I have a bit of a space station in LEO, but Humanity First seems to control everything else.

As long as you have Ireland, you got that game in the bag... ;D

W8taminute

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 03, 2022, 10:56:39 AM

I had a hard time getting started at first.

Eventually I started a 'learning' game with only two other factions and set to the easiest level. That really helped, because with a full slate of factions there is just too much information coming at you all at once. With only two other factions, you can more easily track and block your rivals.

I am just coming out of the first phase of the game...the race to space. Moving to the next phase, the industrialization of space.

It pains me to admit that I'm not really interested in this game anymore however please do let us know how the industrialization of space phase goes.  That's the part that really interests me in this game but not a lot of information from other players yet on how this aspect of the game plays out. 

If there is endorphic fun to be had in space I may change my feelings towards TI. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk