Shadow Empire Blind Game (FULL)

Started by Yskonyn, June 04, 2020, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

It would be fun to have some kind of AAR or DAR posted. But I am not sure I'll come any further than a few blurbs now and then without delaying the game too much.

Ok, gents I have received your email addresses and it seems nobody has an issue with it being shared with the others.

I'll roll a planet tomorrow and post details of the map and the planetary conditions and history. After that Jason will receive his turn.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tripoli

Quote from: airboy on June 05, 2020, 12:56:36 PM
I hope someone will post details of the slaughter.  I'm interested in the game and would like to hear how it plays out.

I'm so far behind in doing my ACWII AAR, I don't know if I'll have time for doing a write up. (I will get back to it, this weekend).  Possibly the players can post individual turns, if we put a two week delay? If we do, mine won't be an extensive post, but if people are really interested, I might give it a go.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Yskonyn

I am rolling our planet now. First turn will be pushed out soon!

Meanwhile I found a very useful video with beginner tips:
https://youtu.be/FLn0ReF7s4Y

Also check out DasTactic's tutorials for focussed topics:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmPoXDAaR8FbM3xujwMsDgEv

I'll post the planetary data in a minute, but as we already have enough challenges let's roll for an earthlike for this game so we won't have to fight the elements as much as well as the fauna. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

You should all have received the intro email.
Jason received his turn.

Please keep the filenames verbose! (You'll see when you get your turn) It is likely we will need to savescum a few times in this game and it would be great if we can all keep an archive of played savegames so we can rewind if needed.
Keep filenames vebose!  O0

JasonPratt

AH YOU WANT ME TO BE VERBOSE!?  :D

I just realized, I haven't installed it here at home yet. Twill need to rectify this presently...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quick question - do I save the the file and send or do I need to end turn then save and send?

Apologies as I have not done much PBEM.

Never mind...I figured it out - save on the way.
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Good to hear Jamus!

With all the harsh tales in the main game thread I want to suggest we are lenient towards eachother regarding mistakes. If something happens to you that is catastrophic and likely to put you out of the game, please tell us so we can rewind and try to salvage your situation.
It seems like the game can be quite brutal!

jamus34

I've also started doing a write-up (not sure if you can call it a true AAR) of our game.

I'll post it up at some point today.

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Fair warning, I spent a stuuuupid amount of time feeling pretty stupid on my first turn!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 07, 2020, 10:02:43 AM
Fair warning, I spent a stuuuupid amount of time feeling pretty stupid on my first turn!  :D

That makes two of us.... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Yskonyn

Just to be sure, JasonPratt did you receive turn 2?

I am so used to using some kind of system that clearly states the status of the game. I am getting a little paranoid doing it the old school way. ;)

Yskonyn

Ok guys, patch 1.02 is out and while  its savegame compatible quite a few big fixes only work on restart.
If more patches are like this we will probably want to wait a bit with our MP game. I expect the cadence of patches will be quite quick at the start.

JasonPratt

Yeah, I got turn 2, but focused on getting out other mp turns last night. Then the new patch arrived of course.

So I'm not rushing to continue the game yet.

Ickiestickie

Quote from: al_infierno on June 04, 2020, 03:54:30 PMKeep us updated on how it goes, Groggies!  O0
Any Joy and what happened how did the Start go chaps?(ive literally just purchased this game)