Salute to All Veterans

Started by Gusington, November 10, 2022, 10:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thank you for saying thank you  O0

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2022, 11:24:03 AM
Thank you Star, you're right. I personally got deployed for hurricane relief and bombings in Manhattan multiple times over the last few years. Don't get me wrong...I was loading and unloading trucks, doing range control for the National Guard, etc., not storming the beaches at Normandy. But they were deployments. In-state deployments, but still deployments.

At the very beginning of COVID when I was the S1 of my unit, a lot of our troops were doing body recovery in NYC. I was assigning them to do it, I was not doing it myself, for about a year. But it was very f'd up.
>
For that year I was in a gray area...not physically deployed on active duty but working remotely doing administration work. I resigned from that spot and am now an instructor for our OCS/WOC class and I do enjoy the teaching very much. I am in my 10th year altogether.

There must be something that keeps me coming back or I would just quit. Comradery, friendship, service, etc.

I've also done a bunch of traffic control with a dash of force protection when allowed to legally.
I was going to just say "man's man."   However, that seems to have been coopted (bloody kids) so I'll go with "you're the man" and hope no new meaning has slunk in to corrupt the respect I am trying to convey.

Gusington

^Duly noted. Hopefully I am still allowed to type out 'it's the thought that counts.' Thank you, 'Uber.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd