Tourists barred from US for Joke

Started by LongBlade, January 31, 2012, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I am actually a bit reluctant to post this because DHS does such a good job of making itself look dumb that I have started to feel bad for them whenever a new story arises.

However, amateur hour there continues and the results, while comedic, may eventually get serious and it's better to remind folks of how dumb they are rather than let the antics get worse.

Today's example:

QuoteTwo British travelers were barred from entering the U.S. after posts on Twitter indicated they had plans to 'destroy America' and 'dig up Marilyn Monroe,' The Sun reports.

Seriously? We're reading Twitter posts from a pair of ding-dong girls? Is that the best use of our tax dollars?

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/01/30/twitter-joke-to-destroy-america-gets-tourists-barred-from-us/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

I have no problem with this, in fact, it pleases me at a profound level.

1. Idiots who put their every inane thought on Twitter annoy me (I appreciate a degree of irony here, as I post this thought on an internet forum).  But it does allow my wife to stalk her teenage daughter, as that dumb-ass hasn't figured-out that everything she Tweets is open to everyone (with an internet connection) to see.

2. This shows that at least some government agencies are on the look-out for terrorists and morons.

3. This should teach a lesson to the morons.  Yes I said "should", I know that it really won't.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on January 31, 2012, 02:28:28 PM

1. Idiots who put their every inane thought on Twitter annoy me (I appreciate a degree of irony here, as I post this thought on an internet forum).  But it does allow my wife to stalk her teenage daughter, as that dumb-ass hasn't figured-out that everything she Tweets is open to everyone (with an internet connection) to see.

2. This shows that at least some government agencies are on the look-out for terrorists and morons.

3. This should teach a lesson to the morons.  Yes I said "should", I know that it really won't.

I know, it does suggest someone is awake at the wheel, but really does it?

I mean a couple of 20-something bimbos wanting to vaca here. Is there anything in their background to suggest that they're anything other than kids of questionable intelligence? I sincerely doubt it. Which gets back to being asleep at the wheel. It seems like the easier path was to turn them away and avoid the responsibility if they happened to accidentally run someone over on a bike on the boardwalk (while oogling some cute boy) than to man-up and say, "there's no there there."

Jarhead0331

The girl in the duo, who isn't half bad looking, deserves to be locked up and deported for traveling with such an obvious douche, the male in the duo.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 02:38:55 PM
The girl in the duo, who isn't half bad looking, deserves to be locked up and deported for traveling with such an obvious douche, the male in the duo.

I dunno - he could be hung like Gus.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on January 31, 2012, 02:39:43 PM

you'd like that, wouldn't you? Sicko.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

Hahahaha!  What a pair of dumbasses!  Looks like they're going to a hairdresser's convention!!!

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on January 31, 2012, 02:38:38 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on January 31, 2012, 02:28:28 PM

I know, it does suggest someone is awake at the wheel, but really does it?

I mean a couple of 20-something bimbos wanting to vaca here. Is there anything in their background to suggest that they're anything other than kids of questionable intelligence? I sincerely doubt it. Which gets back to being asleep at the wheel. It seems like the easier path was to turn them away and avoid the responsibility if they happened to accidentally run someone over on a bike on the boardwalk (while oogling some cute boy) than to man-up and say, "there's no there there."

True, they'd be perfect tourists... easily separated from their money.

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 02:41:20 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 31, 2012, 02:39:43 PM

you'd like that, wouldn't you? Sicko.

It's something about the look in her eyes. It's like, "my man could do me across the English Channel!"

Keunert

last time i ordered a dell they asked me in some shitty form if i would use it to develop wmd's and if so if i would use them against the us.
i checked both answers... i was a little infuriated with this legal bullshittery.

to my amazement the dell got delivered on time. but it was a little creepy to use it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Centurion40

Gusington

I don't think this is that ridiculous. They did say they wanted to destroy America. I get it, it's slang. But how about not putting your stupid slang in a tweet while you're at the airport to come on in...to America. I'd actually be happy if they never let another tourist in, they all annoy me because they all seem to be in front of me while I'm trying to walk to work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Hey now!  I'm getting in, in a couple months.  I'm boosting the local economy of Las Vegas.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2012, 03:33:46 PM
I don't think this is that ridiculous. They did say they wanted to destroy America. I get it, it's slang. But how about not putting your stupid slang in a tweet while you're at the airport to come on in...to America. I'd actually be happy if they never let another tourist in, they all annoy me because they all seem to be in front of me while I'm trying to walk to work.

I'd be willing to bet that if you put in some red contact lenses and growl as you walk everyone will get out of your way.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^Or maybe I should just take out my genitals.

40 you're ok to come on it since you graciously opened your door to me [and my genitals] last summer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd