Iranian Situation Heating Up ?

Started by MIGMaster, February 01, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

They would be fools.

Hell hath no fury like Uncle Sam scorned.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 01, 2012, 12:27:17 PM
They would be fools.

Hell hath no fury like Uncle Sam scorned.

Yeah, stuff is starting to bubble up about how the Iranians tried monkeying with the straights back (I think) in the 80s. They got bitch slapped pretty good.

Nobody here *wants* to monkey with them, but you're correct, they'd be fools to think we wouldn't and couldn't occupy any piece of real estate around there in order keep it open.

And keeping that area open is probably one of the few things we could get both the Russians and Chinese to agree on.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 01, 2012, 12:01:09 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57369416/intel-chief-pressured-iran-might-strike-in-u.s/?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

I just read the link.

If they think things are bad now (with us bumping off inconvenient scientists) just wait until they try something stupid on our soil.

Probably the best reason for going into Iraq is that it gives us easy access to Iran to cause whatever mischief we might desire. (and pulling out seems pretty dumb, but that's our leadership these days).

Anyway, given Iraq on the west and A'stan on the east, those guys have no idea how much trouble they'd be biting off if we decided to give them a decent level of attention.

Centurion40

Someone is turning up the heat, with more of the same:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/03/world/meast/iran-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Tehran, Iran (CNN) -- The supreme leader of Iran issued a blunt warning Friday that war would be detrimental to the United States -- and that Iran is ready to help anyone who confronts "cancerous" Israel.

"You see every now and then in this way they say that all options are on the table. That means even the option of war," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said during Friday prayers in Tehran. "This is how they make these threats against us.
"Well, these kinds of threats are detrimental to the U.S.," he said. "The war itself will be 10 times as detrimental to the U.S."

He said Iran will support any nation or group that fights against Israel. "The Zionist regime is really the cancerous tumor of this region and it needs to be removed and will be removed," Khamenei said to a cheering crowd.

Centurion40

MIGMaster

I'll game the whole thing out in Harpoon this weekend and let you guys know what happened. Then we can just forward the results to CNN and move on to important stuff like who's boinking Katy Perry now !

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 03, 2012, 11:55:07 AM
Then we can just forward the results to CNN and move on to important stuff like who's boinking Katy Perry now !

You mean I have competition?

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on February 03, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on February 03, 2012, 11:55:07 AM
Then we can just forward the results to CNN and move on to important stuff like who's boinking Katy Perry now !

You mean I have competition?

I believe that there is a queue.

Gusington

^Yes please.

Iran's regime has painted itself into a corner. I was really hoping it would implode back when their people were rising up. No such luck.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

40Cent, I don't know where you've been hiding those but you'd better get to work. Cosplay is fun and all, but those rock.

Gusington

40 told me the one in the kitchen was taken in his own kitchen!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2012, 12:16:51 PM

He lies. Everyone knows they can't grow lemons in Canada.

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2012, 12:16:51 PM

Yes, I am able to operate a camera with one hand.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on February 03, 2012, 12:14:17 PM
40Cent, I don't know where you've been hiding those but you'd better get to work. Cosplay is fun and all, but those rock.

Hey now! I can't do it all by myself.  Well, ok... I can do it all by myself, but I'd rather not.