Map Scrolling

Started by solops, December 25, 2014, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

For some reason, I cannot post over in the Matrix forums - the message box comes up, but I cannot make any letters in it, so I will post this here. I like the scrolling feature, but it works erratically and jerkily for me. I have found that scrolling right and left work fine. Most of the time scrolling down works fine. Scrolling up does not work at all UNLESS I first move the cursor far enough to the right that it will be to the right of all of the menu icons. Then it works OK. If I move the cursor up on the left hand side of the screen, then a row of menu icons pops up and the screen does not scroll at all. So, I can get scrolling to work, but it can be a bit cranky.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

rdockal

Scrolling north and south is only implemented on the right side of the screen, so that you can access the toolbar/Windows menu and the task bar at the bottom without moving the maps.  Scrolling at the low level is really not needed.  You can center the screen on any hex by CTRL-click on a low level hex.

Also, using the mousewheel is my favorite method.  Moving one mouse wheel click towards you elevates to the next higher level of map.  You can then move the cursor to the hex you want to center on, then move the mousewheel one click away from you.

You can also turn off the autoscrolling.  Windows menu, Edit, Default User Interface Settings, 6. Disable autoscroll.

Hope this helps,
Ron

Barthheart

Quote from: solops on December 25, 2014, 07:15:13 PM
For some reason, I cannot post over in the Matrix forums - the message box comes up, but I cannot make any letters in it, so I will post this here.

Same happened to me. I had to set the "Compatibility Setting" to include that website for it to work properly.