Pimax Crystal Sim Edition

Started by SirAndrewD, September 29, 2023, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Well, the Lighthouse module arrived today....

But overnight one of my 2.0 base stations got the slow blinking red light of death.

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:

You can't make that up. 

Still, it works with one base station, I got my controllers set up.  Pretty much zero chance Valve gives me a RMA on the base station as it's well out of warranty. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 26, 2023, 03:40:52 PMWell, the Lighthouse module arrived today....

But overnight one of my 2.0 base stations got the slow blinking red light of death.

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:

You can't make that up. 

Still, it works with one base station, I got my controllers set up.  Pretty much zero chance Valve gives me a RMA on the base station as it's well out of warranty. 

Why are using base stations at all? The Crystal does not need them. Is it that much better than the default inside-out tracking? I haven't noticed any issues with tracking, although I don't use the controllers for simming and I do not use this headset for roomscale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 26, 2023, 05:20:28 PMWhy are using base stations at all? The Crystal does not need them. Is it that much better than the default inside-out tracking? I haven't noticed any issues with tracking, although I don't use the controllers for simming and I do not use this headset for roomscale.

I'm using them with my Steam controllers for other games.  I wasn't planning on getting rid of the controllers and base stations hence I got the lighthouse add on.

There is a bit of improvement with the one base station I have with the lighthouse.  I imagine two will be better.

No worries anyway, Valve is letting me RMA the station even well out of warranty.

I was impressed with the inside out tracking in the Crystal though.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 26, 2023, 05:20:28 PMI do not use this headset for roomscale.

Yeah, that's the other bit.  I'm going to be using the Pimax for roomscale.  The way my office/rec area is set up is I've got my modular work/recording area/simpit on the right and a wide roomscale area on the left so I'd been rotating my Base Stations to cover the roomscale for games that used it. 

I'm probably about to rearrange my simpit to the mid left just because of how much I'm loving the Crystal in VR flight.