Main Menu

IL-2 VR

Started by solops, March 02, 2020, 11:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

OK, got my first real flight sim in years - IL-2 Sturmovik. I used to LOVE playing Knights of the Sky, if any of you are old enough to remember that game. As soon as I learn how to not auger into the turf too often I might be tempted to get into VR for this game. It looks pretty nice as it is. Is it a good VR candidate and what VR stuff would be good for someone who is not a hardcore flight simmer?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Il2 is fantastic in VR. It's the only way I fly and more recently, the only way I play tank crew.

All you need is  rift s. It's the most headset for the price.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Cool! Thank you. If I get close to that point I may check back in and see if anything has changed or what may be a "one step up" option. This equipment looks to be a not insignificant investment.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

Quote from: solops on March 02, 2020, 11:43:43 PM
OK, got my first real flight sim in years - IL-2 Sturmovik. I used to LOVE playing Knights of the Sky, if any of you are old enough to remember that game....

I remember Knights of the Sky (or was it Air?)

That was set in WW1 and if I remember correctly as part of their DRM you had to match a picture shown on the title screen to the corresponding name found in the printed manual. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk