What would you recommend for a 13-year old?

Started by amichaell, October 30, 2020, 07:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amichaell

Thinking about getting one of these for Christmas. I've never used any VR stuff, so all of this is new to me. Are there any games appropriate and good for a 13-year old?  Thanks!

Jarhead0331

There are, but I don't tend to play any of them.

I know they have Minecraft in VR which is probably really cool. Beat Saber is a very popular rhythm based game. There is a cool Darth Vader Star Wars game that is probably pretty appropriate if your son or daughter is into Star Wars and there is a really neat art program called Tilt Brush.

I know there are a lot more because I see them in passing in the Oculus store, but I just can't really recommend them since I know really nothing about them. My oldest daughter is only 7, so I do not let her use my headsets. I think 13 is a great age to get started and 13+ is what is recommended for the Quest 2.

Let us know what you find, and more importantly, what your son or daughter thinks of VR!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

amichaell

Great. Thanks. Those do sound like good suggestions. She loves Minecraft and is good with Star Wars, so I'll look into those and the art program.