Where were you - 28 Years Ago

Started by bayonetbrant, January 28, 2014, 07:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Martok on January 28, 2014, 04:41:32 PM
I was in third-grade art class when they announced the explosion over the PA system.

Jease.. and we give TCT a hard time about being a youngin'.....  :P

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Barthheart on January 28, 2014, 06:55:18 PM
I was in third-grade art class when they announced the explosion over the PA system.

I dont think TCT was a sperm yet no less a fetus.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 28, 2014, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 28, 2014, 06:55:18 PM

I dont think TCT was a sperm yet no less a fetus.

I was about 6 months in the oven at that point.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

^^^  LOL  our resident fetus was a fetus.  ;D
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

I'm sure I was in school that day.  I'm pretty sure they sent us home early.  Now that I think about it, my step mom was on the couch in the tv rooom watching the coverage when I walked in from the bus stop.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 28, 2014, 07:40:12 AM
I was at a friend's apartment in Heidelberg, Germany, munching on Burger King with my dad and a friend, on our way to a Mötley Crüe concert that evening, when their son (my brother's former classmate) came into the living room and told us that the Space Shuttle Challenger just exploded on takeoff.

It's a small world. I was on the same continent, studiously ignoring the tv which didn't speak my language, when my mother called out "I think something happened with the shuttle."

I can tell you, it was a little bizarre watching the videos, seeing the pictures, and knowing what happened (catastrophe), but no other details.

It was about as alone as any of us felt.

Surly grip indeed.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.