Main Menu

What to Do?

Started by Gusington, April 20, 2012, 09:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

OK the woman I work with is just a bitch on wheels and I've had enough of her personality disorders.

The good news is I have an opportunity to move away from her along with the guys I have become friends with here at work to another floor.

However, the Wife says that I should 'keep her close' to make sure she doesn't back stab me, which she has done once or twice. I asked my coworker if she wanted to move downstairs as well for the sake of keeping the team together physically and she said 'no way.' I didn't want to look like I was just ditching her.

What sage advice have you all? Move away or remain to watch her?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I say move away. If she wants to screw you she will find a way no matter the circumstances. Sounds like she has proven that already. Perhaps if you're not around she'll look for someone else to frakk over who is handier. And, you will (hopefully) have a reduction in your minute-to-minute stress level, if not the hour-to-hour or day-to-day.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:42:14 AM
I say move away. If she wants to screw you she will find a way no matter the circumstances. Sounds like she has proven that already. Perhaps if you're not around she'll look for someone else to frakk over who is handier. And, you will (hopefully) have a reduction in your minute-to-minute stress level, if not the hour-to-hour or day-to-day.

+1

If nothing else your mental health will improve. That alone is worth the move.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:42:14 AM

+1

If nothing else your mental health will improve. That alone is worth the move.

+2

When you imagine both scenarios, which one brings more quiet/peace to your soul?  That is the choice to take.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Barthheart

Is she above you in level or power?

I'm going to say you should stay. Do you have to work closely with this wingnut? Is there a way to shut her out with the others around you? Can you islolate here enough through passive agressive methods to make HER want to leave.

I hate to see office type nutbars make others uncomfortable at work and force them to change. Can you appeal to upper managment for assistance?

bayonetbrant

life too short to deal with twits when you don't have to
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

evil scientist ;) says:
in addition to moving away
use your superior knowledge (and that of your friends here ;) )  on hard/soft-ware, or other whatever area that may be helpful (like medicine, bio-hazards, etc ;D) to   
a) let her generate a major fuck-up in her area of responsibility
b) push her mentally over the edge, so that she loose it and start -for example- attacking the boss
c) keep her so busy that she cant even think about anything else then damned deadlines
d) change her pysical state into not fit for work for weeks

so she get the boot real soon

Staggerwing

Mike,
you mean such as sprinkling itching powder on her chair when she wears a skirt to work...?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Windigo

not sure of the chain of command here, but it is very clear that you could smack her with the 'not a team player' label here. Which can be a kiss of death in an office situation, especially if she is not an outstanding performancew employee.

I would make sure she has clearly said no to moving with the rest of the team and more than you have heard her say it .... then let the innuendo campaign begin
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

OK so I asked our VP and he said 'no' because he wants to keep the team together. I can understand that.

On a more positive note, I have discovered that the extremely hot receptionist transferred departments and may be seated behind me. The aura of her beauty will drown out all else when that happens. So...today was a good day! I may even be able to finally get pictures then.

The other chick is not my superior, thank God. I did have to deal with that at the last job but thankfully not here. But this one can get embarrassingly wound up and cause scenes. She also confides in me. I kind of feel bad for her and wanted to get away, but the new hot addition will make up for it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 10:36:07 AM
Mike,
you mean such as sprinkling itching powder on her chair when she wears a skirt to work...?

i mean...
lots of ppl have allergies today
data loss and the wrong back-up can be a bitch
missing an important email too
hardware failure when you really need every second too
or taking pills/substances which are 'NSFW'
the keyboard has more gems then a toiletseat, isnt it
tasty snack must have have been over its shelvelife ...damned diarrhea

and i am only thinkin a few minutes yet  ;)

Gusington

^Honestly she has more problems than that all by her lonesome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 10:59:10 AM
^Honestly she has more problems than that all by her lonesome.

if she is single hook her up with the most pathetic of your single friends  (even better one of your wife's pathetic friends)... do so in an atmosphere of copious alcohol consumption
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

None of my friends are single anymore and I could never do that to one of my buds. I do think if she got laid she would feel much better and it might even fix her lazy eye.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

So is the job with the power company a dead issue?
Any time is a good time for pie.