B-17 Queen of the Skies (Discussion Thread) (Game On)

Started by BanzaiCat, March 14, 2015, 03:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

And the board I'll use to illustrate German attacks.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jack Nastyface

Although it would deviate from your very nice "historically accurate" artwork, I would personally fire zones for each sector with a legend that shows what gun can fire into that zone, and maybe even the to-hit rolls.  I'd also a "vert dive" area on the map, only because I don't like stacking too many cards on the plane itself.  But that's just me...I like seeing lots of info and data on the board so I don't have to check other charts.  Love the target / zone map though...

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I have started but never finished a 200+ plane raid against the ball-bearing plant at Schweinfurt.  My penchant for data collection just got too much (I was recording EVERY dice roll result).
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on March 15, 2015, 06:22:56 AM
Cool! UCG can have half of my seat and work the fire extinguisher for me....

AND MY CHAINSAW!

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 15, 2015, 02:18:23 PM
Please don't let that be a euphemism.....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Just to show this is still on my radar, I redid the bomber display I'll use for the AAR:

I changed the city overlay underneath to show a city by a river and one by a shoreline, just to change it up every so often. Also found some cool aircraft counters on BGG that gave me an idea to redo the fighter counters again.

Staggerwing

Looks nice!

What's the difference between the red and white counters? Green v. Experten? Damaged v. full strength? I'd go dig out my own copy and try to sort it out but I'm too lazy busy right now.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Thanks!

No intended difference...I just wanted to see what they looked like together on the map. I considered doing different colors for each one to show pilot skill though; still not sure if I'll do that. One guy's file on BGG had different JG logos on them and tons of different aircraft, which made me realize exactly how deep the fan-made expansions go. I'm sticking to the normal rules; nothing special here other than the graphics I'll use.

I kind of like the red better than the white. There are counters in-game to mark veterancy, I think, for the Luftwaffe pilots. I might just go with that. Someone on BGG made some nifty counters. If I use them I'll be sure to credit whomever it is - I just cannot recall their name offhand at the moment.

BanzaiCat

I'm going to put this one on hold. I keep saying I'll get to it but shinier squirrels keep popping up, distracting me.

I'll still have it on my to-do AAR list this summer, though.  O0

BanzaiCat

I think I'm going to take this with me this week while I'm in class. Not sure how much solitaire gaming time I'll get at the hotel, as I could very well be putting in 16 hour days, but if I have free time I'm going to go with something simple. It's been on hiatus far too long (then again so have most of my AARs, lol).

BanzaiCat

Two things (if anyone's still interested, or cares, of course)...

One is, I had forgotten that I screwed up and was using the crew layout for B-29. I only did that because I had B-29 on the brain and was doing an AAR for that game a while back, at the same time. The B-29 has one more crew position so I had to cut one of the originals from the front page. Not that it matters, there probably will be casualties. I randomly chose a name, and Shelldrake, you're off (for now). I'm sure you'll be back once one of these udder guys gets plugged, no'mean?

Two, I got a mission in last night, and it was almost a slaughter (our slaughter). I took notes and just need time to put it into the mission format that I've chosen. I'll start a separate thread once I'm ready to start posting mission narratives.

Hope there's still interest out there in coming along for the ride!

undercovergeek

BanzaiCat

I moved things around, too...UCG, you and bawb are both in the waist. GJK, I moved you to the Radio Room. Hope you guys don't mind. Mainly, I did that waist gunner move because of the GH Combat comic. ;)

mirth

I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up as Navigator.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2017, 09:05:22 AM

Because the Army Air Corps trusts your judgement?

O:-)

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 25, 2017, 12:09:30 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 25, 2017, 09:05:22 AM

Because the Army Air Corps trusts your judgement?

O:-)

We'll see how well that works out.