Main Menu

My New Blog

Started by Gusington, May 11, 2012, 09:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Started this morning:

http://newamsterjammin.blogspot.com/

Each post will include a picture of a historical landmark or ruin in the New York or Hudson Valley area. I am going to use the character of 'Petrus' to describe the things he has seen over the course of his 350 year life and to also tell his own story, which will be a doozy.

The point (if there is one) is to tell some creepy, old timey tales, give some history and mythology of the areas featured and to keep my writing and shooting (photo) skills up.

At the same time, I hope this gets my juices flowing enough to re-start the writing of my book.

What do y'all think?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Looks cool Gus. Looking forward to the stories, I know nothing of the history of that area.
8)

Centurion40

Looking forward to the entry on those stone chambers.

Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 10:03:43 AM
Looking forward to the entry on those stone chambers.

Knowing that following her in there would lead to a gruesome death would not keep me from following.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

^HA! Going to take the first three pics this weekend and then write from there. Hoping for 2-3 new stories a week.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Going to reveal how Petrus came to be so old?

Gusington

^I will. I will draw you in with some background to the area first.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Looks like an interesting beginning to an original idea.  Kudos Gus!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Thanks for visiting W8. I hope this will get my arse in gear.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^If you love what you do, and I suspect you do, then you will get yourself in gear.  The key is persistence.  I've tried many a time to start a project only to have it fizzle out due to my fickle mind. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Usually I complete what I start. The problem has been too many interests. I had to grab one and run with it. This will also propel me to join the 21st century and join FB. Prepare thyselves.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Good!  You can play Marvel: Avengers Alliance... Windy's got me hooked!

Gusington

^Reason #1000 of why I am afraid of FB...even more online distractions! Time for me to create my own distractions :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Nice blog, Gus. Can't wait to read more.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.