Wargamer.com revamp affects Schwerpunkt?

Started by spelk, February 10, 2016, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

There were a lot of sites hosted there from what I recall when I first joined...Schwerpunkt was the only one I really delved into since I did the original AGW review over there. :)

I do recall sites like Pie's Tactics. I wonder what happened to that guy. Stupid question I suppose but I don't remember talking to him much after being a writer for WG for a few years back in the early 2000s. I could be oblivious to the obvious though, especially if the dude is on this site.  :-[

pzgndr

Quote from: rdockal on February 23, 2016, 10:05:19 PM
I hope to be spending more time here at GrogHeads also.  The Schwerpunkt web site, which has been on The Wargamer since 1995, has been deleted.  I contacted the new owners, but have not heard anything other than they would look into it.  This evening I asked GrogsHead if they would host my web site.  Any influence would be appreciated.

+1.  I just posted over at wargamer:

QuoteConsidering how Wargamer.com has repeatedly revised its format and lost files/articles/etc. over the years, how it dropped the ball on its support of the Schwerpunkt site in this round, and the uncertainty of how long this old.wargamer forum with its legacy posts may or may not continue to be supported, if Ron & Grogheads want to relocate Schwerpunkt over there then I support that.

I have liked Wargamer.com and supported it over the years, but this latest revision is a Bridge Too Far.  I don't even go to the new website, just here to check posts in the "old" forum.  I shake my head ruefully...

Boggit

I'd be pleased to see Schwerpunkt have a home here too. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat