IRL (In Real Life) > Tech Talk

Bitcoin Mining

<< < (2/16) > >>

Silent Disapproval Robot:
I dabbled in it a bit when BitCoin first started up but it quickly became apparent that you needed some serious computing power to keep up with the big boys.  I mined a grand total of 3 coins in 2 months.  Sold them for $19 of pure profit!  (minus the $70 I spent in internet fees for those two months.  I'm a savvy money manager.)

Aren't they all mined by now?  I thought the big thing was that there were only ever going to be a finite amount of coins available and once they were mined, that was it.

Staggerwing:

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 04, 2016, 04:07:21 PM ---
Aren't they all mined by now?  I thought the big thing was that there were only ever going to be a finite amount of coins available and once they were mined, that was it.

--- End quote ---

AFA I know, it's still going on.

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 04, 2016, 04:07:21 PM ---I dabbled in it a bit when BitCoin first started up but it quickly became apparent that you needed some serious computing power to keep up with the big boys.  I mined a grand total of 3 coins in 2 months.  Sold them for $19 of pure profit!  (minus the $70 I spent in internet fees for those two months.  I'm a savvy money manager.)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you need some speedy hardware, that's why there are dedicated hardware devices made to only mine bitcoins. A consumer-grade CPU is just not fast enough. The value of bitcoins has risen quite a bit since they first hit the internet, so, for some small pocket money it might be worth looking into.

Right now, google shows 1 bitcoin equal to 576.24 US Dollars. You should have hung on to them a bit longer, SDR.

Boggit:

--- Quote from: bbmike on June 04, 2016, 03:13:48 PM ---No one else will ask so I will. What the hell is that and what are you talking about?  :coolsmiley:

--- End quote ---
Exactly. I have my pan, bucket and cloth set up next to my computer ready for the Bit rush! ;)

Boggit:
I've just read https://www.weusecoins.com/en/mining-guide/

It looks like I have more chance playing the national lottery! :-[

Windigo:

--- Quote from: Staggerwing on June 04, 2016, 02:37:18 PM ---Does anyone her do it? Anyone tried it and gave up?

I know that for most folks it's not possible to make much money doing it without a big hardware investment but I'm curious if it's worth looking into for a little extra monthly income after purchasing one of the more moderately priced bitcoin mining rigs such as the Antminer. 

--- End quote ---

Am I glad I found this topic..... late to the forum, but not to the topic.
I am no expert, but I can help out those with questions.

I have a GPU mining rig and expanding. Got my hands good and dirty and learned through experience how to mine.

Lets see if we can get this thread going again.!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version