A'stan Vet Denied Apartment

Started by LongBlade, June 05, 2012, 04:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

This guy was told to find another apartment specifically because he is a war vet. He was advised "It just is not going to be comfortable for us without a doubt. It probably would be better for you to look for a place that is a little bit less politically active and controversial"

QuoteA National Guardsman who served in Iraq and Afghanistan is reportedly suing a Massachusetts woman he tried to rent from, claiming the landlady told him his war service presents a "conflict of interests."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/05/national-guardsman-claims-boston-landlady-refused-to-rent-to-him-over-war

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Steelgrave

I hope she has deep pockets....because between attorney's fees and the settlement check she is going to have to write, her bank balance is gonna take a nice hit. Oh, the irony if she has to sell the property in order to write that check. Wonder what other "conflicts of interest" her little psyche is hiding behind.

LongBlade

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 05, 2012, 05:05:43 PM
I hope she has deep pockets....because between attorney's fees and the settlement check she is going to have to write, her bank balance is gonna take a nice hit. Oh, the irony if she has to sell the property in order to write that check. Wonder what other "conflicts of interest" her little psyche is hiding behind.

She's clearly an idiot.

I hope whatever the outcome her worldview is stood on its head.

TheCommandTent

That is just not right.  Its a shame to see any vet treated like that.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

The landlady has lost her freaking mind.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

She's probably the kind of person who, 30 years ago, would have been at the airport spitting on returning servicemen and calling them baby killers. These kind of folks should thank the God they likely don't believe in that the military protects them indiscriminately. She would probably be outraged if someone in her position wouldn't rent to a person because of their race or sexual orientation, but a veteran? No, not in my neighborhood....

Gusington

Somebody break this down for me Barney style. I don't understand the anti-vet stance.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2012, 09:25:10 AM
Somebody break this down for me Barney style. I don't understand the anti-vet stance.

She is an idiot.

Simple enough?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2012, 09:25:10 AMSomebody break this down for me Barney style. I don't understand the anti-vet stance.

I've run into people who are convinced that because vets didn't desert and walk away from going to war they are fully in support of it and would've made exactly the same national policy decisions if they were president.

These people have no idea what they're talking about, of course, but that doesn't stop their delusions.

Essentially - if you did the job you signed up to do, you also implicitly endorsed ever decision made anywhere else in the chain of command.  So if you didn't go AWOL when the photos of Abu Ghraib broke, then you were clearly OK with what happened there, etc etc.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2012, 09:25:10 AM

she in addition may think all vets are a 'ticking psycho time bomb'  cause of the media and movies disinformation
... and used the Political Correctness neighbourhood preseve to hide that   :o

Gusington

Personally I like LB's explanation the best.

Because I am too young to remember Vietnam and because I live within spitting distance of USMA @ West Point, I must be sheltered from this anti-vet BS.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

What do you expect when you try to rent from Jane Fonda?

Seriously though that woman is a moron and I hope she learns a very expensive lesson. The article mentioned that she left the guy a voicemail. I hope he kept it and handed it over to his lawyer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Hope the guy gets justice.

I am old enough to remember 'Nam and the shocking way in which vets were treated. Lets hope for better treatment for all our service people, they don't deserve have to go through stuff like that when they return home.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

meadbelly

Let's not blame the neighborhood 'cause this moron claimed camaraderie with them. This women is clearly idiotic enough to convince herself of a wholly unsupported reality, which could easily include her supposedly sympathetic-to-nonsense neighborhood.

Otoh, we now know a great f**cking building for the Westboro Baptist Twits to relocate in.