D&D Castle Ravenloft (or, Strahd Sucks Hemo-Goblins)

Started by BanzaiCat, September 14, 2016, 01:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on September 14, 2016, 04:59:29 PM
Little too much time on your hands, BC?

Ha, no. I started this about four months ago and did a pic or so every two or three days. I wrote out a script after the first playthrough. Putting them together doesn't take that long but creating the graphics does.

BanzaiCat

bob48

...yes, well.

I'm not sure what you're on, B_C, but roll me one as well, please.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

If it's THAT bad, seriously tell me and I'll stop. I'm a little surprised it has this many views already to be honest, but Bawb, you and mirthy are the only ones brave enough to say anything thus far. And they were kind of supportive I guess.

There IS a game under the hood. If I do four panels for each post I can churn these out relatively regularly. I played through the first mission some time ago.

This is, for those of you like Bawb that think I am higher than a hippy in a hot air balloon, an actual AAR for an actual board game. The game is called Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game. It came out in 2010 so it's a tad old, but I've had this copy for about four or five years now and haven't touched it yet. I got it in a trade with another gamer here in Houston (someone that wrote a pretty awesome web series that I had a part in that unfortunately never took off). The game is pretty fun and the story that popped into my head whilst thinking of it is quite...well, hopefully it's as funny to some of you as it is to me.

It's hard to see with the blue figures, but those are the pieces in the game. The Elven (Eladrin) mage and the Human Rogue are actual characters in the game, as is the Dwarf Cleric. The Ogre isn't; I got the image from a Google Image search and I'm not making any money off of this, plus it's something of a parody, so I figured it was fair use to an extent.

Anyway. Enjoy. Or don't. Tell me either way.

bob48

Nooo. I think its great - very....trippy. Don't stop.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Part Six

First, I want to thank the folks at Games Paradise Online for letting me use their Ravenloft figures to try out while illustrating this terrible tabletop AAR. These should work a LOT better than the blue figures. I'm most likely only going to use them, though, in the narrative and not in the game itself.

To be honest, the Ogre figure I got somewhere online but cannot remember where. If you own the Ogre figure and wish me to remove the image, please contact me here. Meanwhile I will try to search for it again and reach out for permission as I continue to use it.

Yes...there is a point to this and there will be a game played. I've already done the first mission; all of this poorly-humored exposition does have a point to it. I will get to it soon; thank you for reading.

Now, on with the mess..