Bovington Tank Museum Tank Fest 2017

Started by acctingman, September 23, 2016, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Is anyone planning to attend the 2017 Bovington Tank Fest next year?

The wife and I are going to Iceland/England next year for our 1 yr anniversary/belated honeymoon and she's graciously letting me attend Tank Fest next year.

Be neat to meet some Grogheads and drool over some of the tanks!

Sir Slash

Would love to. You offering to pay our way? All of us?   ;D  I'd watch that wife. If she's willing to share the 1st Anniversary with tanks..... she might be setting you up for something. Just saying.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

I'd buy ya a pint (yanks are allowed to use that phrase, right!), nothing more!  :P

She is going to attend Saturday's events, but Sunday I get the museum all to myself! She's off exploring the countryside!

Why she wouldn't want to enjoy all the eye candy in that museum is beyond me  :uglystupid2:

airboy

I've been to several tank museums and the Bovington museum is the best in the world.  If you like armor you will have an excellent time.

I took a train out from London.  It was a nice walk to the museum.  It is through the countryside and you will see guys in training with turrentless tanks if you are there on a weekday.

JudgeDredd

I may well be there - it's pencilled in at least
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

Boggit

I live about 20-25 miles from there. Depending on commitments closer to the time, it would be good to see you and JD. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

acctingman

Quote from: Boggit on September 23, 2016, 09:30:17 PM
I live about 20-25 miles from there. Depending on commitments closer to the time, it would be good to see you and JD. O0

That would be great Boggit!

As the trip out gets closer, I'll nerco this thread back to life and/or contact you and JD  O0

GDS_Starfury

do you skull a favor and don't let your wife and Bawbs wife hang out.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

If you live 25 miles from there you should be bored of it with it being on your doorstep...that's too close to not want to go regularly.

I will definitely try and get there. I was stationed in Colerne in Wiltshire when I was in training and I wanted to visit the camp before it was swept away like the rest of my life - so I've pencilled a weekend in and depending on commitments closer to the time, I should be there.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 24, 2016, 12:18:43 AM
do you skull a favor and don't let your wife and Bawbs wife hang out.
lol - it would be nice to have Mr and Mrs Bawb there but they are a considerable distance away from Bovington...we could try and apply some pressure  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2016, 01:27:52 AM
If you live 25 miles from there you should be bored of it with it being on your doorstep...that's too close to not want to go regularly.

I will definitely try and get there. I was stationed in Colerne in Wiltshire when I was in training and I wanted to visit the camp before it was swept away like the rest of my life - so I've pencilled a weekend in and depending on commitments closer to the time, I should be there.
I live in Bournemouth. To be honest, I've been a couple of times, and it's a brilliant museum, although I haven't been there for quite a few years now.

So you're ex RAF then? It's a small world. O0 That accounts a lot for your need for speed games. 8) ::)

IIRC, depending on the timing, some of the local wargame groups put on public and presentation table top games there too - that was a long time ago, so I have no idea if they still do it, although it seemed popular at the time.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Sir Slash

You Brits get to have all the fun. Pubs and museums on every corner. I'd move there if yall spoke proper English and had real Football.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Boggit on September 24, 2016, 01:40:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 24, 2016, 01:27:52 AM

I live in Bournemouth. To be honest, I've been a couple of times, and it's a brilliant museum, although I haven't been there for quite a few years now.

So you're ex RAF then? It's a small world. O0 That accounts a lot for your need for speed games. 8) ::)

IIRC, depending on the timing, some of the local wargame groups put on public and presentation table top games there too - that was a long time ago, so I have no idea if they still do it, although it seemed popular at the time.
Oh good god no - I wasn't RAF. I wanted to, but they wanted me to get A levels and all I wanted to do was leave school.

I was in The Royal Corps of Transport. Nothing exotic I'm afraid. Loved it though...well, the people. Colerne was a training establishment for Junior Leaders.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 24, 2016, 10:01:32 AM
You Brits get to have all the fun. Pubs and museums on every corner. I'd move there if yall spoke proper English and had real Football.  8)
I like your football, but I really couldn't call it "real" football, especially as it's so like rugby and not at all like actual football.

Surely the "real" tag to football should be on how long it's been going on?  ???

Anyway, I prefer your "football" to ours. Can't stand the game.  :-X
Alba gu' brath