Mirth Covered it already

Started by Smuckatelli, June 11, 2012, 08:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 11, 2012, 08:29:53 AM
no text

But I clearly see text.

Is this some sort of "shoot the tank/don't shoot the tank" test?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MetalDog

We need to have the power to mouse over the thread and see the first couple of lines.  That way, Smuck wouldn't have tricked us both in to replying to a thread that he has OBviously ordered us not to put any text in.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Quote from: MetalDog on June 11, 2012, 07:30:21 PM
We need to have the power to mouse over the thread and see the first couple of lines.  That way, Smuck wouldn't have tricked us both in to replying to a thread that he has OBviously ordered us not to put any text in.

Typical of a 90 Day Wonder.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

Normally I would put N/T for 'no text' but I figured I'd have to explain N/T so just go ahead and post 'no text' to save time. It didn't work out because now I am explaining my 'no text' use instead of N/T.

Originally I posted about the Commencement Address and after I posted, I saw that Mirth already had it covered. I wanted to delete the thread but couldn't....so I change the title to point out that Mirth already had point on the subject....I wanted to save time.....but you guys have my OODA_Loop all screwed up so I now had to explain 'no text' instead of N/T.

Now do you guys understand?

LongBlade

Too wordy. No Gunny would be so verbose.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: LongBlade on June 12, 2012, 11:37:00 PM
Too wordy. No Gunny would be so verbose.

Too wordy....

Windy is telling me that I need a smaller unit....

Next you guys are going to tell me that I can't Super Size my fast food combos......

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 12, 2012, 11:46:49 PMToo wordy....

Windy is telling me that I need a smaller unit....

Next you guys are going to tell me that I can't Super Size my fast food combos......

^ tl;dr
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'm flattered to have a thread with my name in the title.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Super Sizing will make a Gunny fat. We can't have a fat Gunny.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Answer me this, "Is chow allowed in the barracks?"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

Er, guys?
Can anyone not post here, or do you have to have something vastly unimportant not to say?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bob48 on June 15, 2012, 03:26:39 PM
Er, guys?
Can anyone not post here, or do you have to have something vastly unimportant not to say?

No.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

W8taminute

"Are you allowed to eat jelly doughnuts?"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

only if you're prepared to share with the rest of us.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!