"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel

Started by Cyrano, July 04, 2018, 02:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on July 08, 2018, 02:57:25 PM
Divisional commanders...why I oughta...

Hm, how many people do we have?

Brigade commanders.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

But seriously, Cy, you can put me on the reserve list so that more newcomers can have another slot.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BROJD

Yo. 

If there is still room you can count me in.

BROJD

Quote from: BROJD on July 08, 2018, 08:54:46 PM
Yo. 

If there is still room you can count me in.

On, now I see that there are three pages to this thread.  😁

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

To say that Jim and I are delighted to see the response to this is an understatement. It's nice to see that there are more crazy people in this world...

After some discussion, we've decided that with so many potential players, it would be a shame to not allow as many people to play as possible. As such, we're going to run a second instance of this campaign, with me as umpire. This will allow all of the "reserves" to play right away, as allow some who have already signed up but are gluttons for punishment to play on the other side. Finally, and not the least reason for doing this, Jim/Cyrano/JK will get a chance to play too!

So, stay tuned. As I get a chance to get my arms around this tonight after work we'll start getting the second instance organized.

Good thing I bought a new dice tower at Origins...

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on July 11, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
To say that Jim and I are delighted to see the response to this is an understatement. It's nice to see that there are more crazy people in this world...

After some discussion, we've decided that with so many potential players, it would be a shame to not allow as many people to play as possible. As such, we're going to run a second instance of this campaign, with me as umpire. This will allow all of the "reserves" to play right away, as allow some who have already signed up but are gluttons for punishment to play on the other side. Finally, and not the least reason for doing this, Jim/Cyrano/JK will get a chance to play too!

So, stay tuned. As I get a chance to get my arms around this tonight after work we'll start getting the second instance organized.

Good thing I bought a new dice tower at Origins...

You poor, crazy, basturd...  :wow:  L:-)  \m/

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on July 11, 2018, 10:51:01 AM
You poor, crazy, basturd...  :wow: L:-) \m/

Who did you think I was going to recruit as my co-Umpire?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

davidkvh

billcoop4

If there is room in either game, I'd be happy to join in; otherwise, I'd be happy to be a RESERVE.

Bill Cooper

BC

Barthheart

Cyrano

It took a while to concoct this elaborate scheme...OK, not that elaborate...but I'm glad Doug has taken it into the light of day.

I've caught up the reserves as I know them and we are very nearly full with game TWO.

My present goal is to have commands, &c., for Game ONE resolved this evening.

Thereafter, I'll shortly get packets out to players.

For those in Game ONE, please, if you were not in the Jena KS, send me a "hey, it's me" e-mail to jenacampaignATgmailDOTcom and tell me your forum moniker.

Best,

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jimlacey1

If there is room in the second game I would like to be included in that one also.

Thank you for any consideration.

Jim
The nation had a choice between war and shame.  It chose shame.  It will get war.

Churchill after the Munich Conference

Jimlacey1

If there is room in the second game I would like to be included in that one also.

Thank you for any consideration.
The nation had a choice between war and shame.  It chose shame.  It will get war.

Churchill after the Munich Conference