Warhammer 40000 TV Series

Started by FlickJax, July 18, 2019, 07:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Whoa, Frank Spotnitz will produce?! And Dan Abnett will be adapting his own Eisenhorn storyline!?

This has real potential! Effectively X-Files 40K!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Wow. Any word on the network that this will be appearing on?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

Between this and Witcher coming to the TV I will either go into full blown nerdgasam or end up bitter and disillusioned like star wars fans.  Not a lot of room in between! :crazy2:

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 18, 2019, 08:21:32 AM
Wow. Any word on the network that this will be appearing on?

Bets seem to be on Amazon considering Big Light's past history and Bezos' unlimited pocketbook.

I have high hopes but I'm not sure mainstream audiences are or ever will be ready for 40k in its raw, unrefined form.  I ran a 40k tabletop RPG accurately, and half the sessions my players, a few of whom were uninitiated, were pretty traumatized. 

Here's to hoping it does well enough they can do the full Eisenhorn trilogy.

Oh, and Mark Strong for Eisenhorn or I riot.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Amazon heresy joke gifs incoming.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

I hope it doesn't get ruined by "social justice" and "diversity". I can't even imagine how the totalitarian, quasi-fascistic, xenophobic Imperium wouldn't come under heavy criticism unless they make massive, franchise ruining changes.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

If "the Boys" can get made for TV then WH40K should be doable as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Ubercat on July 28, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
I hope it doesn't get ruined by "social justice" and "diversity". I can't even imagine how the totalitarian, quasi-fascistic, xenophobic Imperium wouldn't come under heavy criticism unless they make massive, franchise ruining changes.

The trick is sticking to the Eisenhorn books/story.  The character, despite the slippery slope of his ever more ends justify means character arc, is able to be related to and definitely heroic. 

The Imperium is as much antagonist as protagonist in the story, really more former than the latter.  It's dysfunction, corruption and constant getting in its own way is central to Eisenhorn's problems. 

It's a story that's not much harsher than the before mentioned The Boys, or other similar stuff.   They made the right decision adapting this first.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback