The cat that ate Mark Herman's breakfast.

Started by Ubercat, July 28, 2019, 02:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Meet Meeple

I was in the monster games area of WBC earlier in the week and an extremely hungry, semi-feral orange tabby marched right in and started patrolling the tables looking for something to eat. Mark had a breakfast sandwich on a table and the beast jumped up and grabbed a slice of bacon right out of it! Instead of getting mad, Mark put the sandwich on the floor for him. We then took the cat and food outside.

The next day, I learned that a gofundme page had been started to take him to the vet and I later assisted the two women involved in getting him into a box and into their car. Now he has a full belly and has been adopted! What an appropriate name, too.  :smitten:

I have some more pics on my phone, that I sent myself in an Email, but have no clue how to get them from an Email to here. I understand that photoBucket are scummy now.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bbmike

While I can't agree with the name choice for the cat, great story!  :bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

That's very telling about Mark Herman's personality and my respect for him has increased tenfold.  Glad to hear Meeples found a home.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Any cat that likes bacon is clearly of above average intelligence.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers