Digital Gaming > The Colosseum

SGS Afrika Korps Competition

<< < (2/3) > >>

Boggit:

--- Quote from: Shelldrake on November 03, 2020, 01:31:38 PM ---Just signed up. Thanks for spearheading this Boggit!

--- End quote ---
You're very welcome Shelldrake. I really enjoy running these competitions. I know you did well in the last one we did and I have high expectations that we will see some quality games from the players. I have tried to make the running a bit simpler than the last competition, but you learn as you go. I hope you have a lot of fun with it. :)

Boggit:
Any news or has this competition died a death?

nelmsm:
We gave up.  Too many issues with this PBEM system not letting us load the game or saying it wasn't our turn when the other had carefully checked to make sure we had finished it right.  Too me the game system may be sound but the PBEM is goofy and hard to manage.  If I play it will be solo.

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: nelmsm on May 01, 2021, 08:40:33 AM ---We gave up.  Too many issues with this PBEM system not letting us load the game or saying it wasn't our turn when the other had carefully checked to make sure we had finished it right.  Too me the game system may be sound but the PBEM is goofy and hard to manage.  If I play it will be solo.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Nelmsman.  At least 3 times we had moves stymied because the PBEM system didn't recognize the other player had moved.  These errors weren't caused by the player.  The frustration of fighting the system became too great to continue.

88mmkwk:

--- Quote from: Tripoli on May 01, 2021, 10:16:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: nelmsm on May 01, 2021, 08:40:33 AM ---We gave up.  Too many issues with this PBEM system not letting us load the game or saying it wasn't our turn when the other had carefully checked to make sure we had finished it right.  Too me the game system may be sound but the PBEM is goofy and hard to manage.  If I play it will be solo.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Nelmsman.  At least 3 times we had moves stymied because the PBEM system didn't recognize the other player had moved.  These errors weren't caused by the player.  The frustration of fighting the system became too great to continue.

--- End quote ---

Does that mean I win the tourney???!!   ^-^  O:-)  :-"  :2funny:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version