Forums What Happened

Started by Smuckatelli, February 05, 2021, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

This is a feed off of Steve58's awesome "How Long Thread"

Obviously there are many people here with long histories of multiple different forum usage.

So my question is; what made people leave the various forums?

1. I understand sometimes it is just time to explore new areas.

3. Sometimes life just takes over; family, work, boredom......

2. Sometimes it is because of political leaning.

5. Sometimes people just want to cause hate and discontent...

So with the above 7 points in mind, how do we keep ourselves entertained, sometimes getting pissed off (American, not British)?  ...although, I don't mind getting pissed every once in a while.

I think an R&P section is an important part of forums but collectively we have to treat it as rounds down range. The words posted can't be changed but the response can be modified or simply go to another thread... like Smuck's most awesome boat thread were a retired Jarhead has to talk Squid talk in order to explain what is going on with the boat...... or...

Start a new thread on gaming or the weather......?

Thoughts on how to have everyone swapping spit while holding hands and in the process making this forum reach levels that no other forums can maintain?

Jarhead0331

You lost me at swapping spit.

Smuck, you're just too practical, logical and mature for most internet forums. You raise the level of discourse wherever you tread though, so by all means, keep asking questions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 05, 2021, 11:32:48 AM
You lost me at swapping spit.

PM your address and I'll drive my Volvo wagon to your location and help you learn about that....  :crazy2:  :knuppel2:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd