A Beautiful Snowfall

Started by airboy, January 16, 2021, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

This morning in the NC Mountains we got the very dry, small flake, light snow that is almost like tiny pieces of featherweight plastic.  It swirls and blows around in the wind.

It also tends not to stick to the road - since it blows around and is not a "wet snow."

I had to drive through it for 30-45 minutes going down the mountains on my way to Alabama.  It was similar to driving through a very pretty snow globe.

Ubercat

Were you listening to any music during the drive?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

airboy

Something on XM.  Nothing memorable.

Ubercat

That's too bad. Good music at memorable times can create some powerful connections.

Every time I hear Mozart's Horn Concerto No. 1 in D major it takes me to the Trenton, NJ train station at 5:30 in the morning.

Norah Jones Sunrise transports me to a tiny bedroom in a Baltimore, MD youth hostel on a rainy, miserable December night.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

jejo68

I dont believe in snow.

The overlords tells me we have a global warming and so snow is impossible.

airboy

We had another snowfall last night. 

Wonderful snow!  On the trees and ground, but not on the pavement in my town!

jejo68

Quote from: airboy on January 18, 2021, 07:28:50 PM

Good for you.

Here we have rain all the time because the weather is just above freezing point  >:(

Sir Slash

It's snowing Yankees here in Fla. But, we love 'em, we love 'em!  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: jejo68 on January 22, 2021, 05:29:59 AM
Quote from: airboy on January 18, 2021, 07:28:50 PM

Good for you.

Here we have rain all the time because the weather is just above freezing point  >:(

That is what we got this week.  Stead rain in the mid to upper 30s.  Ugly weather.