Author Topic: Forums, how long?  (Read 877 times)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
Re: Forums, how long?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »
That sounds like you and the Missus have everything in great order Kid-Wise there Smuck.  O0  You and the Wife should write a, 'Child Advice' book.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 09:24:42 AM »
I think my first forum activity was back in 1996, at America Online's boards for discussing Marvel comics and Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels.

After about a year I migrated to Compuserve (before it got bought by AOL after all), where mostly again I was active on their WoT discussion forum, where I first used my common nickname Sabreman.

I've been on forums of various kinds ever since.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Yskonyn

• Global Moderator
  • Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 01:45:12 AM »
I really donít remember my first, but it feels like Civfanatics and Wargamer belong the ancients for me. Once Grogs was created I hardy ever visited Wargamer anymore though.
Civfanatics was my Ďhomeí for quite a while in the Civ 3 era. Lots of great people there.

In general itís usually a game that drives me to its forums. Egosoft X series, Paradox, Simulators.

Itís always a good indicator of what kind of community youíll experience in-game and wether the game has any legs to make it into the future.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.Ē